Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Do you have prior experience in payroll processing? Have you balanced and reconciled general ledger accounts? This individual will be supporting payroll processing for multi-state payroll functions. If you have strong communication skills, organizational skills, and feel comfortable managing multiple deadlines, this is the role for you!
The Payroll Specialist will be a key component of our company’s success processing payroll on a bi-weekly pay cycle for employee groups; reviewing reports for employees, assisting employees with payroll questions, and maintaining system integrity. The role will require adaptability to work in a fast-paced team environment with a customer-centric focus.
- Prepare and process multi-state payroll for approximately 3,000 employees, reconcile payroll and handle general ledger accounts
- Verify accuracy of employee information in the payroll system
- Participate in preparation and distribution of various reports to Departments and Managers
- Respond to inquiries from employees and 3rd party agencies
- Process garnishment orders, withholding orders or levies including facilitating payments to agencies
- Participate in integration of mergers and acquisitions
- Participate in system implementations along with identifying, analyzing and improving business processes within our department for optimization or standards of quality.
- Interface with human resource information system to ensure integration requirements are properly implemented
- Proactive attitude that focuses on creating ideas and plans for correcting issues or handling daily tasks
What We Are Looking For:
Knowledge and Experience:
2+ years of payroll processing, preferably multi-state payroll experience. Ability to demonstrate knowledge of federal and state tax laws. Familiar with Kronos Time and Attendance, Ultipro Systems, Workday or similar talent acquisition system. Experience processing FOC, Garnishment Orders and Levies. Ability to demonstrate knowledge of US benefit plans and North American (US, Canada & Mexico) payroll processes is a plus.
- High School Diploma required, related Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Proficiency in basic accounting and business software.
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a motivated and professional payroll specialist who wants to make a difference in a growing company. This person will collaborate effectively with others, problem solve, and contribute to the workplace. To be successful, you will have strong attention to detail, customer service, and conflict resolution skills. You will also show high integrity and safeguard confidential and sensitive information.