JOB SUMMARY: Perform all related functions regarding the application of payments from insurance carriers as well as patients.
- Making sure each batch balances with the deposit total.
- Review each EOB in detail to ensure it is paid correctly.
- Note denials and forward to the appropriate department.
- Balance centers weekly as well as monthly.
- Maintain daily cash flash; distribute to client and management team for each individual client.
- Responsible for making sure the money balances with the facility at the end of the month before invoicing.
- Post payments timely (within 24 – 48 hours of receiving).
- Stay current with working the unapplied and credit balances.
- Make sure that all back up is received and available.
- Print out refunds, make sure they are legitimate, and send all documentation to the facility for refund payment processing.
- Attend department/facility meetings to report the status on all posting.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SPECIAL SKILLS:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-4 years experience in field or related area preferred
- Detail oriented
- Organizational skills
- Good computer knowledge and above average 10 Key Skills (including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good knowledge of commonly used insurance billing concepts and ability to read managed care and facility contracts.
- Reliable transportation
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $1.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- ICD-10: 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical Billing: 1 year (Preferred)
Typical start time:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place