Essential Functions (greater than or equal to 10% of time):
- Greets visitors, patients, and families in a friendly professional manner and directs them appropriately.
- Communicates proactively with co-workers, physicians and patients regarding registration related information.
- Informs patients of delay in physician schedules
- Posts all self-pay charges, collects payments, and provides patient with receipt
- Accurately reconciles daily payments
- Opens and closes batches properly, accurately reconciles collections, prepares deposits and documents corrections.
- Scans the insurance card, processes insurance verifications utilizing the on-line system, and updates the patient account.
- Obtains, verifies and updates patient information including demographics, insurance, HIPAA forms and financial waivers
- Accurately explains and completes any/all necessary forms for the patient, obtains and witnesses necessary signatures
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of the insurance grid for all services performed; explains par and non-par insurance plans.
- Appropriately refers applicable patients to financial counselors
- Schedules appointments accurately according to department guidelines; using waitlist when applicable.
- Schedules and enters orders for diagnostic tests, and procedures, following all appropriate workflows
- Reconciles billing slips to daily schedule.
- Performs various clerical duties such as faxing, photocopying, scanning, filing and mailings.
- Effectively communicates problems, concerns, or issues to the Office Supervisor / Manager appropriately and promptly.
- Promptly answers the telephone, directs all calls appropriately, takes an accurate message and delivers to the appropriate individual/demonstrates appropriate etiquette.
- Confirms future appointments as needed. Review Eligibility and Phone report
- Demonstrates flexibility with various work schedules, covers for other staff when asked including other office locations
- Working knowledge of management of workflow dashboard
- Demonstrates the ability to adequately follow downtime procedures
- Recognizes and performs duties which need to be performed although not directly assigned
General Job Functions:
- Other duties as assigned.
- Extreme temperatures
- Combative Patients / Visitors
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Graduate/GED / Equivalent required. Vocational / Technical School / Diploma Program preferred.
- Associate’s Degree, preferred
- 0 – 1 years’ experience. 2-4 years’ experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, required
- Ability to organize and perform multiple tasks in a timely manner, required
- Basic proficiency in computer use, required
- Knowledge of medical office and terminology, preferred
- Ability to commute to satellite offices as needed, required
- Standard Office Equipment (Phone, Fax, Copy Machine, Scanner, Email/Voice Mail)
- Standard Office Technology in a Window based environment
- EHR, Practice Management System and Departmental/Ancillary Systems
Physical Job Requirements:
- Physical mobility, which includes movement from place to place on the job, taking distance and speed into account.
- Physical agility, which includes ability to maneuver body while in place.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers.
- Travel to satellite locations for meetings
A friendly and fast-paced environment working with passionate people
Outstanding growth opportunities
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Short/Long Term Disability, HSA, and Life Insurance
401K plan with company matching contribution
Cash Bonus Programs
Recognition and rewards programs to recognize successful teams
Other Perks & Discounts
Commuter and parking discount program to help you save (using pretax dollars)
*Full Time Benefit Eligible Employees Only
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our Company provides equal employment opportunities ( EEO ) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, religion, creed, gender/sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression (including transgender status), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Our Company cares about the safety of our employees and applicants. Our Company does not use chat rooms for job searches or communications. Our Company will never request personal information via informal chat platforms or unsecure email. Our Company will never ask for money or an exchange of money, banking or other personal information prior to the in-person interview. Be aware of potential scams while job seeking. Interviews are conducted at select Our Company locations during regular business hours only. For information on job scams, visit, https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/JobScams or file a complaint at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ .