Do you want to effectively apply your skills and
years of expertise in patient care and medical office management?
Would you like to make a meaningful in people's lives by
reducing their dependence on glasses?
Do you enjoy working in an engaging, dynamic environment?
If you answered yes to these questions, then we are looking for you! From recruiting, training, and supporting your patient services team, to coordinating projects and processes, the Patient Experience Manager position is perfect for an individual who has managed medical office operations, especially in an elective surgery practice. Your superior interpersonal and communication skills will make you the perfect match for our team. A keen understanding of operational efficiencies, tracking and reporting on key performance indicators, and ability to jump in and do what it takes to keep the practice running smoothly, are all highly desirable talents! Your cover letter will exemplify a high attention to detail and will help us get to know the specific skills and expertise you offer.
About Furlong Vision Correction
Focused on helping patients decide the best course of action based on their vision needs and lifestyle, it's no wonder that Furlong Vision has earned a 5 star overall rating in patient care with YELP! Google Business, and the praises of its referring doctors. Led by Dr. Furlong, who has been voted as "Best LASIK Doctor" by San Jose Mercury News readers for five years running, the ideal candidate will join a caring, professional team, which collectively has more than 240 years of eye care experience. The individual who fills this position will enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package, a rewarding work environment, and have an opportunity for a fulfilling long-term career.
Patient Experience Manager
Full-time work schedule M-F
$80K –$85K annual base salary plus bonus
The Patient Experience Manager is responsible for managing the patient service department consisting of 5 to 7 employees, including the patient counselors (5), and intake call coordinator (1) and PC Admin support team ensuring administrative staff are properly selected, trained, and managed; responsible for answering phones, greeting patients, collecting and entering information, and payment collection for services. Maintain patient education and communication /follow up programs and processes, ensuring that all patient information and education is appropriately scheduled, performed and documented; overseeing the ABN and informed consent process ; collection of payments, development and implementation of patient service Quality Assurance programs; and communicating recommendations for process improvement. This individual will work in conjunction with the Clinical and Support Team Manager and Surgical and Clinical Manager to optimize policies and procedures, develop staff training programs, and create staff schedules and to maximize physician schedules, with a primary focus on providing the best possible patient experience.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS in business or management preferred, or commensurate professional experience.
- Five years’ experience with increasing responsibilities in a medical office, preferably specializing in ophthalmology, cosmetic laser surgery, dental implants, dermatology or other elective surgical procedures. Continuing education or other formal on-the-job training in customer service.
- Experience in selecting, training, motivating, and retaining staff members
- At least three years’ experience in a managerial role.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficiency in practice management software, NextGen preferred, and desktop applications including MS Word, and Excel. Typing proficiency of 55-60 WPM
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written, especially for writing procedure instructions.
- Customer service oriented with a focus on quality care.
- Proven track record of success in developing and managing high performance customer service teams.
- Empathetic personality and attention to patient’s needs.
- Management of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Respectful treatment of patients and co-workers.
- Knowledgeable of clinical and financial functions and controls.
- Knowledge and experience with medical insurance eligibility and benefits information.
- Possesses a professional, proactive demeanor.
- Working with peer managers and Executive Director, recruit, develop, motivate and retain a world class team of patient counselors and admins.
- In conjunction with Lead PC Trainer, peer managers, and Executive Director, insure all patient services staff members are well trained in Gold Standard Customer Service program materials and BSM Consulting CPSS certification. Insure that all PC department staff are fully trained in all aspects of their job, and are consistently meeting or exceeding performance targets. Manage staff performance against goals and objectives. Shadow staff regularly to monitor patient interaction and service delivery. Conduct annual staff performance reviews, and implement performance improvement plans when necessary.
- Working with peer managers, implement and maintain established protocols for phone and greeting of patients to ensure they feel welcomed and practice captures correct demographic, medical history, and insurance coverage information. Protocols need to be consistent with Gold Standard and BSM CPSS standards and coordinated with clinical team to ensure patient education is consistent throughout clinic
- Serve as positive motivational influence for patient services staff. Employ appropriate messaging and motivators to inspire and energize team, focusing on shared goals and outcomes.
- Oversee prompt processing of patient referrals and exam reports for scheduling and data input into EPM/HER. Responsible for designation and assignment of tasks in EPM/HER system and maintain close management of task resolution and closure.
- Monitor and assign patient inquiries from FVC website and blind email addresses and affiliated OD offices for immediate follow up.
- Working with peer managers, coordinate patient services daily staff schedules for best coverage and to ensure patient needs are met. Oversee employee time reporting, and process timecards for upload into payroll system every two weeks. Review patient services staff PTO requests, LOA, and training absences with Clinical and Support Team Manager bi-weekly. (Clinical and Support Team Manager will approve/deny requests)
- In conjunction with peer managers and Executive Director, Insure that front office policies and procedures are followed consistently and properly by all staff members.
- Serve as primary point of contact for all patient care service inquiries. Proactively address and resolve all patient satisfaction issues as they arise related to patient counselors and intake calls.
- Report progress to team on departments key performance indicators
- Working with the Executive Director and Medical Director, insure that all procedure pricing, discounts, and special promotion policies are consistently followed by patient counselors.
- Working with peer managers and the Executive Director Coordinate and manage assigned projects such as marketing programs and events. These may include, but are not limited to, patient seminars, office parties, seasonal promotions, and direct marketing to referring physicians.
- Cover for patient counselor staff members who are absent.
- Facilitate regular team meetings to update staff and to ensure effective team communication.
- Coordinate with all staff members to ensure accurate collection and timely entry of patient data, especially for insurance billing purposes.
- Working with peer managers and Executive Director, ensure compliance with all HR policies and regulations (e.g., HIPAA, OSHA, California labor regulations, etc.).
- Participate in industry continuing education and professional development seminars and events, subject to approval of Medical and Executive Director. Some overnight travel may be required.
Motor, Sensory, and physical requirements
- Regular sitting, standing, and walking throughout office however approximately 50% of day is sitting.
- Keyboarding and phone use.
- Periodic assistance moving equipment and supplies. This may include stooping or stepping up on stools to reach shelves.
- Ability to speak and hear clearly to ensure proper patient education
- Looking at computer monitor 50 – 80 percent of work time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
1. Base Salary: $80,000 annual. Paid bi-weekly.
2. Bonus incentive based on shared practice goals, paid quarterly. Bonus plan targets and payouts to be determined by Q1 2021
3. Medical/Dental insurance
4. Retirement: 401(k) with match
- Professional development and educational assistance allowance available, based on mutual assessment of needs.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
All patients are screened for COVID 19 health questions and their temperature scanned before admitted to clinic. We have implemented strict protocols per the SCCHD and CDC for physical distancing, sanitation and PPE.
- Associate (Preferred)
- Ophthalmology clinical: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place