The Patient Communications Supervisor coordinates and supervises activities of workers providing telephone customer support and services. The supervisor also assists in developing and implementing policies and procedures for Patient Communications to ensure that they are providing exceptional customer service to El Rio customers. Additional primary duties are to coordinate the workflow and ensure the department meets and exceeds productivity and quality measures; including addressing personnel issues that may affect the performance of the department. The primary goal of the El Rio Community Health Center Patient Communications Supervisor is to support El Rio’s Mission of providing comprehensive, quality health care that is affordable and accessible to all who may have healthcare needs, by successfully performing the primary essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Associate’s Degree related to the health care field from an accredited educational institution
- Three years of customer service experience in a call center setting; preferably in a health care environment
- Three (3) years of working experience with Electronic Health Records (EHR)
- One (1) year of supervisory or call center lead experience
If applicable, equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered, and must be directly related to the functions and responsibilities of the job.
Preferred Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree related to the health care field from an accredited college or university
- Certified Medical Assistant Certification
- Certified Medical Office Certification
- Five (5) years of working experience with Electronic Health Records (EHR)
- Three (3) year of supervisory or call center lead experience
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing
- Problem Solving
- Customer/Client Focus
- Communication Proficiency
- Service Recovery
- Time Management
- Supervises Patient Communication Representatives and Patient Communication Specialists, or Auditors as assigned, and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of assigned employees within the department.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
El Rio Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age 40 and over, disability, genetic information, military status, ancestry, marital status, familial status, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors.
All employees are required to undergo drug testing prior to employment and, will be subject to post-accident, reasonable suspicion, return to duty and follow up drug and alcohol testing in compliance with Federal and State regulations for alcohol and controlled substance testing. Employees in positions holding responsibility for the safety and welfare of others will also be classified as safety sensitive.
El Rio Health is a Non-profit 501 (c3) Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and abides by all applicable federal Drug-Free Workplace standards.
Related keywords: communications, public relations, marketing, communications manager
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $44,218.00 – $60,800.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All Employees are required to wear a mask when away from their office / areas and practice physical distancing and hand hygiene protocols.
- Supervisor: 1 year (Required)
- Call center: 3 years (Required)
- One location
- Waiting period may apply
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place