- Understand the live BAMC’s mission and values.
- Enter orders and patient charges, enter or retrieve data, and locate patient data on charts or on-line as needed.
- Works closely with the Department Director/Manager and department RN’s.
- Assists with operations of the department under the direction of an RN.
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels or unit supplies and deliver mail twice daily.
- Communicate pertinent information regarding patient, physician, personnel concerns, and unit activities to the Director or Clinical Nurse Manager.
- Promote and maintain confidentiality
- Assume responsibility for own personal growth.
- Float as requested to other departments according to float policy
- Must be able to complete the physical, sensory and mental requirements of the position.
- Participate in orientation of new employees.
- Participate in hospital wide and/or department specific committees.
- With specialized training and documentation, may perform additional and specialized tasks pertinent to assigned area.
- Monitors cardiac rhythm on telemetry screens when trained properly and determines presence of arrthymias and notifies RN immediately.
- Additional duties as may be assigned by your supervisor.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- American Heart Association BCLS within 6 months of hire.
- Must pass telemetry class and test within three (3) months of hire.
- Keyboarding – must be able to type 25 wpm.
- Medical terminology course, if met within 6 months of hire.
- Must be certified as a Nursing Assistant and listed on the Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry.
Working Conditions: Potential exposure to Latex products, blood borne pathogens, hazardous materials, and communicable diseases.