- Provides care as delegated by nursing staff per the determined care plan as part of the team interdisciplinary approach.
- Utilizes expertise in patient mobility techniques to provide patient assistance with ambulation, transfers, positioning, hygiene, and personal care needs to optimize recovery.
- Consults with other healthcare providers including Rehabilitation Services (physical therapy, occupational therapy) to support safe and appropriate modes of mobility for the patient and continuously implements those optimal mobility practices throughout the patient's episode of care.
- Monitors, records, and communicates vital signs, daily weights, intake and output, and other pertinent clinical data to the appropriate member of the care team.
- Reports changes in patient's status promptly to RN.
- Maintains a safe environment by responding to all bed alarms, call lights, telephones and alerting the correct person.
- Acts as patient care companion when needed.
- Documents cares provided in the healthcare consumer's record.
- Demonstrates personal and professional responsibility for ongoing development, practice, and education.
- Contributes to our safety culture by maintaining a safe environment.
- Responds appropriately in emergency situations as support for clinical staff.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
Your time at work should be fulfilling.
Rewarding. Inspiring. That's what you'll find when you join one of our non-profit CHI facilities across the nation. You'll find challenging, rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much compassion as you. Join us and together we'll create healthier, stronger communities.
The Patient Care Tech supports the patient and care team by performing tasks to facilitate safe and effective patient care. They provide assistance in mobilizing, transferring, and transporting patients, as well as any other tasks delegated for the support of the patient's care. This position provides care focused on the spiritual, physiological, social and psychological healing of the patient and contributes to the mission and core values of CHI Health.
What you will do:
Required Education for Staff Job Levels
Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapist Assistant or Occupational Therapist Assistant school. Must be certified in the State of Nebraska or Iowa as a PTA or COTA. Certificate must be held in the state in which services are provided.
Required Licensure and Certifications
BLS or BLS instructor certification upon hire.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Critical thinking skills, professional verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, customer service skills, adaptability, maintain confidentiality
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.