Pivot Physical Therapy is now hiring an enthusiastic and experienced Patient Care Coordinator for our Chesapeake, VA location. This position is a float position and will travel across our Battlefield, Great Bridge, Western Branch and Suffolk clinics. Successful candidates will have experience with check-in/check-out, scheduling appointments by phone and in-person and providing superior customer service. If you are looking for a medical front office/receptionist positions that offers opportunities for career advancement and a fast-paced team orient setting, apply now.
Patient Care Coordinator Job Summary:
The Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) is responsible for managing daily, weekly and monthly operations as outlined in the Front Office Manual and adhering to policies and procedures, scheduling, accuracy of entering patient demographics, verification of insurance, collection of monies, charge entry and proper documentation of accounts. The PCC is flexible, adaptable to change and learning new skills. He/she possesses excellent customer service skills and acts as a liaison to the Clinic Director, Front Office Manager and Director of Front Office Operations.
Patient Care Coordinator Essential Functions:
- Maintains and performs a warm, friendly and welcoming relationship with all patients, Pivot staff, all medical and non medical professionals, vendors and visitors.
- Excels in the area of customer service
- Adheres to Pivot’s policies, procedures, and core values
- Has a clear understanding of front office operations and performs these operations as presented in the PCC manual, Scheduling/Billing/EMR manual or any other manuals developed or deployed by management team
- Attempts to maintain continuity of care when scheduling patient appointments
- Efficiently and accurately uses any technology used in the office, and any software required to complete his/her job or as required by management
- Routinely completes all of HIPAA Privacy and Security training as required by Pivot management team. Staff must adhere to these privacy policies.
- Answers all inbound calls within the third ring using Pivot’s greeting; transfers and takes messages as needed.
- Responsible for all components of scheduling appointments and properly documenting accounts as needed
- Understands the importance of productivity in regards to scheduling and recapturing appointments, missing in action patients, and pro-actively rescheduling appointments in the current week as well as the duration of the prescription
- Accurately enters patient demographics, insurance and case information
- Accurately enters charges as needed, review charges / encounters, and completes coding edits checks
- Collects all monies that are due prior to each visit including, but not limited to co-payments, deductibles, co-insurance, payments on statements, supplies, gym memberships, self pays, attorney checks. Documents all monies in the system appropriately and provides system receipt.
- Reconciles all over-the-counter collections daily and drop off deposit cash and checks at the designated bank within an appropriate time frame
- Accurately verifies benefits via phone, ask detailed questions outside of what is provided, and sets up accounts accurately
- Ensures that all visits performed are properly authorized and makes efforts to minimize the occurrence of any unauthorized visits
- Utilizes websites only in instances in which the websites are relevant and approved by Pivot Physical Therapy. (ex: insurance websites for authorization, National Provider Identifier (NPI) websites, etc.)
- Fills out patient forms where applicable and competently explains the details surrounding the paperwork presented to the patient
- Scans all patient documents within 24 hours of receipt; Uses the appropriate naming convention of each document and scans the document to the appropriate case
- Completes daily, weekly and monthly operations and reconciliations and ensures accuracy prior to sending to Front Office Manager
- Audits each visit to ensure there are valid prescription, proper authorization / referral / precertification, and collects monies due each visit
- Follows up and reviews daily reports and proactively follows up and communicates the need for a prescription, authorization / referral / precertification to ensure there are no delays with patient care
- Ensures that all “Plan of Cares” for Medicare are signed and returned by the physician within 30 days of the patient’s Initial Evaluation
- Forwards all medical record requests, subpoenas, checks and any other documentation received to the billing office
- Maintains a neat and organized workspace and ensures cleanliness within the office
- Stays prepared for frequent audits, which are conducted by management, to ensure all policies are being adhered to and the clinic is in operating order
- Travels to an off-site location or corporate location for training, or other Pivot locations in the event of necessity
- Participates in regular meetings and any other training as requested by management
- Effectively manages his/hers time in regards to hours worked and breaks and documents this information in the appropriate software daily
- Submits expense reports in a timely manner as directed by management
- Utilizes his/her Front Office Manager or Clinic Director as a resource for questions and problem solves challenging situations
- Takes inventory regarding supplies and communicates this to the Clinic Director and Front Office Manager.
Patient Care Coordinator Additional Responsibilities:
- Maintains overall cleanliness of clinic (vacuum, wash dishes, water plants, etc.)
- Provides front office and technician services (cleaning therapy beds, laundry, organizing supplies and closets, ensuring safety of the clinic and machinery).
- Sets up clinic food deliveries
- Runs errands outside the clinic as requested by management
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
Required Education, Skills & Abilities:
- High School Degree or equivalent
- Related experience in a clinical setting (physician, dental, chiropractic, or physical therapy)
- Understanding of medical billing practices and medical terminology (HCFA 1500, CPT and ICD 9 codes)
- Excellent customer service skills, interpersonal and communication skills including proper phone etiquette
- Ability to manage his/her self and organize multiple priorities
- Excellent documentation skills
- Proficient in utilizing Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and all other technical or software system
- Ability to troubleshoot when necessary
- Strong sense of decision making and judgment
- Action oriented and approachable
- Team player and effective at building and fostering teamwork as well as maintain composure when dealing with conflict
- Active listening skills and ability to adapt to change
- Effective time management and priority management skills
- Ability to interact with patients, clinical and administrative staff in a pleasant, courteous, and respectful manner
- Friendly, positive attitude is a must!