Select Medical is seeking a research ortiented individual to join their Patient Account Representative team.
Follow up on open accounts receivable – both initial and balances at least 60 days old – with the intentions of collecting balances due. Seek to obtain any additional information to determine responsibility of payment and assure best possible opportunity for claims to be processed.
- Investigate and follow-up on all open account balances overdue for 45 days or more to determine reason for non-payment.
- Contact responsible party to establish reason for delinquency, document in system all verbal and written communication relative to overdue account, and institute timely follow-up with responsible party as a result of last contact to assure progress in resolving account with payment.Review accounts with initial evaluations as early as 21 days old in order to confirm that clean claims are reaching the correct payor.
- Make outgoing calls to patients, insurance companies and attorneys regarding claim status in order to reduce both outstanding receivables and DSO.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- One to two years of computer, accounting, collections, and high volume medical billing and/or insurance claims processing experience required
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal instruction or supervision
- Knowledge of indemnity insurance practices, contracts and managed care ideal.
Select Medical is one of the nation’s largest providers of specialized acute and post-acute care. Its network of nearly 48,000 employees operates or supports more than 100 hospitals specializing in long-term acute care, 27 medical rehabilitation hospitals, and more than 2,000 outpatient clinics offering physical and occupational therapy as well as urgent care. It also offers physical therapy and/or athletic training to approximately 300 high schools, colleges, and professional sports teams. Select Medical (NYSE: SEM) was founded in 1996 and is based in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania. For more information, visit selectmedical.com