McKee Breast-Img Ctr
Primary Location Starting Range:
In accordance with Colorado’s EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Great careers are built at Banner Health. We understand that talented health care professionals appreciate having options. We are proud to offer our team members many career and lifestyle choices throughout our network of facilities. Apply today, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Located just 45 minutes north of Denver, Northern Colorado offers trendy restaurants, a thriving retail sector, and endless cultural amenities. Between wildflower-filled meadows and spectacular views of the Rocky Mountains, you will find adventures by horse, mountain bike and boat plus, endless hiking trails and world class skiing.
Our Imaging department team is growing! This is a very fast paced setting with a variety of duties focused on patient care and customer service. In this role, you will be responsible for patient registration while checking in patients at the front desk, insurance verification, prior authorization, and other clerical duties. There are two full time positions available including a 32 hour a week and a 40 hour a week position with a varied shift that can start as early as 7am and end at 7pm Monday – Friday with rotating weekends. If you have a desire to join a dynamic team and provide our patients an excellent patient experience, apply today!
Medical imaging plays a pivotal role in the delivery of excellent patient care at Banner Health. From detection and diagnosis to the treatment of illnesses and abnormalities, Banner Health’s varied medical imaging and radiology services help physicians establish and execute individualized treatment plans. Medical Imaging professionals also enjoy access to: – State-of-the art technology – The latest in Picture Archival Communication System (PACS) technology – Relocation assistance – Tuition reimbursement – Continuing education programs – Career growth and promotion opportunities – Travel medical imaging technologist positions.
This position conducts registration and obtains financial reimbursement for all patients accessing service at medical facilities. Reviews all account information to optimize collection efforts and system recording events to expedite reimbursement and compliance; resolves issues as they arise to promote point of service decisions. Explains and obtains signatures on hospital legal forms i.e. Conditions of Admission, Financial Agreement, Advance Directive, Hospital Grievance policy. Collects and releases patient valuables in accordance with Administrative Policies. May collect and release patient valuables in accordance with Administrative Policies.
1. May be assigned to a variety of admitting, registration and customer service work. Performs pre-registration/registration processes, verifies insurance coverage and obtains authorizations and notifications. Accurately and completely documents all information into the patient records system to ensure maximum reimbursement. Obtains all necessary signatures and documentation required by the patient’s insurance plan.
2. May calculate patient liability according to verification of insurance benefits, collects deposits and co-payments.
3. Provides information and customer service to patients, patient families and visitors. Provides information and instructions to patients regarding hospital procedures and services. As required, assists patients with transport to their rooms.
4. As assigned, provides reception and telecommunications operator services.
5. Works under direct supervision and follows structured work routines. Works in a fast paced, multi task environment with high volume and immediacy needs requiring independent decision making and sound judgment to prioritize work and ensure appropriateness and timeliness of each patient’s care. This position requires the ability to retain large amounts of changing payor information/knowledge crucial to attaining reimbursement for the services provided. Primary external customers include patients and their families, physician office staff and third party payors.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
MATRIX OR INDIRECT REPORTING
TYPE OF SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
Banner Health Leadership will strive to uphold the mission, values, and purpose of the organization. They will serve as role models for staff and act in a people-centered, service excellence-focused, and results-oriented manner.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENT FACTORS
OE – Typical Office Environment: (Accountant, Administrative Assistant, Consultant, Program Manager)
Requires extensive sitting with periodic standing and walking.
May be required to lift up to 20 pounds.
Requires significant use of personal computer, phone and general office equipment.
Needs adequate visual acuity, ability to grasp and handle objects.
Needs ability to communicate effectively through reading, writing, and speaking in person or on telephone.
May require off-site travel.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires work skills in customer service and financial transactions as normally developed over one or more years of related work experience.
Requires the ability to build familiarity with medical terminology and an understanding of all common insurance and payor types. Accurate and efficient keyboarding skills, and the ability to work effectively with common office software are required. Must have highly developed interpersonal skills and communications skills, with a strong customer service orientation.
Previous medical, financial services and/or customer service work experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.