Fred Mueller Automotive is looking for a Parts Counter person to help support our team and provide customers with exceptional experiences. The ideal candidate will flourish in a fast-paced and professional workplace.
At Fred Mueller, we strive to make every customer a customer for life. Happy employees make happy customers, and we reward individuals who are ready to work hard and stay motivated. Every employee at Fred Mueller is absolutely critical to its success. Our promise is to keep delivering the same award winning service and value that our community has come to expect from our dealership through the years.
What We Offer
- Discounts on products and services
- Career advancement opportunities, promote from within
- Clean and professional work environment
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation and Personal Days
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance at group rates
- Basic Life Insurance
- Accident and Critical Illness insurance
- Oversee the parts sales process from start to finish
- Communicate with customer on parts status
- Communicate with staff and customers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Be able to read and understand the parts catalog when looking up parts.
- Answers phone calls, providing price quotes and other information
- Reviews body shop estimates to be sure the parts that are ordered are correct and all pricing is in line with the estimate.
- Provides high level service to internal and external customers.
- Pulls and fills orders from stock
- Maintain a weekly bin checks to ensure accuracy of stock.
- Notifies parts manager of out-of-stock parts or shop materials that need immediate attention.
- Locates out-of-stock parts from outside source and submits an emergency order, if necessary.
- Make sure all internal requests for parts are billed on service repair order.
- Receives payment from retail customers or obtains credit authorization.
- Set up orders for daily shipment, delivery, or pick-up
- Have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Have experience with auto parts sales (preferred)
- Are able to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Have strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.