PART-TIME NEWS REPORTER – Weekend MMJ
NCTV17, an award-winning community television station in the western suburbs, is looking for a part-time Multi-Media Journalist to join the news team. This position is a great opportunity for eager reporters to hit the ground running and gain valuable experience in the fifth largest city in Illinois.
Job responsibilities for this position include:
- Shoot, write, and edit news stories for all NCTV17 platforms
- Produce stories start to finish as a One-Man-Band
- Cultivate stories important to our Naperville viewers
- Create interesting social media content across many platforms, including Instagram, Facebook & Twitter
- Respond to breaking news situations
- Attend reporter meetings
- Create meaningful relationships with local sources and community leaders
- Represent Naperville Community Television in the community
- Have a passion for community media
- Strong news judgment
- Writing, Storytelling skills
- Strong editing skills on Adobe Premiere or other comparable editing software
- Strong camera skills – can shoot own package
- Able to work without a lot of supervision – weekend reporter
- Able to work under tight deadlines
- Strong skills expected in: organization, teamwork, communication, problem solving, and dependability
- Able to work up to 29 hours per week, work week is primarily weekends Friday through Tuesday
- Has 1-3 years of professional experience
- BS/BA in Journalism/Communications/Broadcast
Local candidates preferred. No allowance for relocation.
Interested parties should submit a resume, cover letter, and demo reel. Please put job title in subject line. No phone calls.
NCTV17 provides an equal employment opportunity and harassment free work environment. See attached company policy for full details. All employees, full-time, part-time or contract must comply to the equal employment opportunity and harassment policies. All employment and compensation with NCTV17 is “at will” which means employment can be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either NCTV or yourself, except as otherwise provided by law.
Job Type: Part-time
- Reporting: 1 year (Required)
- Adobe Editing software: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)