This individual will perform minor maintenance of a variety of wastewater treatment equipment and plant ground maintenance work, this individual will assist WWTP operators during their routine duties.
Please note: This job is seasonal and will start in May and end in October.
Essential Functions: Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Preform preventative maintenance on equipment. Examples include exercising valves, cleaning weirs and maintaining equipment at the wastewater treatment facility.
- Perform routine plant grounds maintenance work, including painting and landscape work.
- Operate heavy equipment including loaders and dump trucks.
- Work various flexible schedules including weekends.
- Follow safe work practices and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Ability To:
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with coworkers.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Keep accurate records of timesheets.
- Work cautiously in a hazardous environment.
- Perform heavy manual labor and lift up to 70 pounds.
- Basic use of hand tools and personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Basic computer skills.
- Good customer service skills and get along well with the general public.
High School diploma or GED certificate must be provided. (Verification must be provided at time of application)
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATE
Must possess an appropriate valid California Driver's license at the time of appointment to be maintained as a condition of employment.
Experience and Education: Experience:
Refer to Minimum Qualifications Section.
Refer to Minimum Qualifications Section.
Must see well enough to read, write, and make observations, hear well enough to converse on the radio, telephone and in person; be able to speak clearly and professionally; maintain the following physical abilities: mobility to walk, bend, stand, and crouch; be able to tolerate extreme fluctuations in temperature while performing essential functions.
1. All applicants must complete a standard City of Turlock application for employment form and submit the following documentation:
- Verification High school diploma or GED certificate must be provided.
2. You may submit your required documentation using the following options:
- Attach a scanned copy in the "Add Attachment" option (of the NeoGov online application) or
- Fax a copy to (209) 668-5529 or
- Email a copy to [email protected] or
- Hand deliver copies of your attachments to 156 S. Broadway, Suite 235, Turlock, CA or
- Drop off at the drop box located on A Street.
If you are applying online and attaching documentation to your application, contact Human Resources to ensure all of your documentation was received.
3. Applications will be reviewed for possession of the minimum qualifications. In the event that a large number of applicants possess the minimum qualifications, applicants who appear to be the most qualified based on their breadth and recency of experience will be invited to compete in the testing process.
4. Candidates invited to compete in the testing process may be required to take a written examination, which will be based on a pass/fail basis. If a written examination is conducted and a large number of candidates receive a passing score, the City reserves the right to invite a percentage of the top scoring candidates to compete in the next phase of the testing process, the oral examination.
5. Candidates who are invited to participate in the oral examination and receive a score of 70% or more will be placed on a list. Ranking on the list will be based solely on the results from the oral exam.
6. Completion of a practical exercise may be conducted in order to further evaluate skills relating to essential job functions.
7. Top candidates on the list will be referred to the department for final appointment consideration.
8. Final appointment will be contingent upon passing the following: reference review and drug screening.
VETERAN'S PREFERENCE SYSTEM
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The City of Turlock will make every effort to accommodate applicants that have disabilities that would not allow them to compete in the announced test process. Applicants are asked to indicate their request for accommodation in the appropriate section of the employment application form.
MEDICAL EXAMINATION AND FINGERPRINTING
The incumbent will be required to take a medical examination including a drug screening and be fingerprinted.
CUSTOMER SERVICE POLICY
Sick Leave: The City of Turlock adopted a Paid Sick Leave Policy on June 23, 2015 which applies to all part-time, temporary and seasonal employees as of July 1, 2015. One (1) hour per every 30 hours worked, paid at the employee's regular wage rate (capped at forty-eight (48) hours or six (6) days).
HOURLY RATE OF PAY: $18.00 – $20.00 per hour
HOURS OF WORK: Hours and days may vary. This position is limited to 960 hours in a fiscal year.
PLEASE NOTE: Information contained herein does not constitute an expressed or implied contract as it is subject to change.
WHERE TO APPLY:
Human Resources Division
156 S. Broadway, Suite 235
Turlock, CA 95380-5454
POSTMARKS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Cell phones are typically incompatible with online application format or browsers. we recommend using a desktop or laptop Computer. If your are still having technical difficulties, please call NEOGOV at 1-855-524-5627.