Psychiatrist / Investigator for Clinical Research Trials
Relaro Medical Trials is an independent research clinic dedicated to supporting the advancement of new medications, primarily. Our clinic works primarily on psychiatric studies with current studies treating both adults and children with Major Depressive Disorder, Treatment-resistant Depression, Anxiety Disorders, Bipolar Disorders, OCD, ADHD with Impulsive Aggression, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Schizophrenia and Tourette Syndrome. We are looking for a qualified Psychiatrist (MD or DO) to perform as a Sub-Investigator and eventually as a Principal Investigator on clinical trials. This part-time position offers a unique ability to add to your clinical expertise by conducting clinical research trials with a variety of patients. The ideal candidate will have an interest in conducting clinical research trials and potentially become a thought leader, where your expertise can be used a resource to Sponsors when creating future research protocols. Your role will be to ensure that the study procedures are administered following Good Clinical Practices (GCP), ethical, and scientific guidelines.
Under the direct supervision of the Principal Investigator, this individual will screen prospective participants for study eligibility and obtain informed consent; obtain medical histories and conduct physical examinations of screened and enrolled study participants; administer study medications; assess symptoms and medication side-effects; review laboratory results and assess reported adverse events related to study participation; and conduct other aspects our clinical trials as needed.
Responsibilities to include:
- Obtain medical and psychiatric histories
- Conduct diagnostic interviews
- Conduct physical examinations and assess symptoms of all screened and enrolled study participants in accordance with protocol requirements
- Administer psychological assessments (e.g., HAM-A, SCID, MADRS, CDRS-R, C-SSRS, etc.) to determine symptom severity and changes over the course of treatment
- Communicate with study monitors regarding changes to protocol and implement procedural changes as necessary
- Administer study medications
- Perform other protocol-defined procedures including but not limited to intravenous infusion of medications or injections of medication
- Assess and manage reported symptoms and other adverse events
- Reviewing routine ECGs, vital signs, and laboratory results to determine eligibility to participate in research study and monitor any medical trends related to study medication
- Collaborating with other psychiatrists and general practitioners to provide quality care for patients
- Document interactions with patients according to study protocols
- Review potential studies and provide feedback to Site Director on feasibility of conducting the study
- Understand and adhere to study protocols, and other appropriate regulations, procedures and policies
- Complete patient source documentation per protocol
- Participate in quality assurance activities in collaboration with the Site Manager
- Perform the informed consent process per GCP guidelines.
- Maintain accurate, comprehensive study records and source documentation.
- Maintain confidentiality of study participants and adhere to principles of ICH/GCP guidelines.
- Assist with designated aspects of the study including ensuring site compliance with study protocols, all relevant procedures, policies and regulations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Medical Doctor (MD) or Osteopathic Physician (DO) Degree
- Board certification in general psychiatry and/or child psychiatry
- Valid license to practice medicine in the State of Texas
- Experience with organizing and managing work flows to meet organizational schedules and requirements
- Able to read, write, and speak the English language with clinical, oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
Desired Traits and Skills
- Works collaboratively with study team and fosters a respectful and fun work environment
- Compassionate care and professional demeanor
- Clear communicator who creates positive relationships with patients
As part of your position, space will be provided for seeing your private patients in our clinic.
Compensation is competitive
This is not a remote/telepsychiatry position – patients are required to be seen in person (per FDA-approved protocols and validated assessments)
Must be a US Citizen
Must be able to pass a background check
Must have no pending ethical or legal complaints
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: Up to $313,297.00 per year
- Day shift
All patients are required to wear a mask and complete a COVID-19 screener prior to beginning a visit
- Doctorate (Required)
- Medical License (Required)
- One location
Hours per week:
- Less than 10
- Do Not Use Any EMR
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
Relocation Assistance Provided:
Company's Facebook page:
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place