The Brownsville Multi-Service Family Health Center is an NCQA recognized Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Level 3. We offer the best possible care for everyone in the communities we serve. BMS adopts an “integrated primary care community based health” service model reflecting our commitment to treating the “whole person” and our mission driven goal to enable every individual and family in the communities we serve to achieve total health.
If you are looking for a place to work where you can provide the care that will change the lives of the people in the community, BMS is the one for you.
We are currently hiring a part-time Psychiatrist, MD
The Psychiatrist has responsibility for providing on going psychiatric evaluation and medication management to patients receiving Primary Care medical services at the health center. The psychiatrists are the primary mental health care givers. They assess and treat mental illnesses through a combination of psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, hospitalization, and medication. Their overall job functions will entail diagnosing, performing evaluations, and formulating treatment plans, which include medication, prescription, and psychiatric care. They also assist in providing case consultation to Primary Care Providers, and BH Care Managers associated with Collaborative Care services. These services will primarily be provided using telehealth services. Currently, we are expanding our services to include ages 12 and up.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Ensures clinical practice compliance with Managed Care/HMO, Federal and State guidelines, BMS guidelines, standards established by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations, the Department of Health, and all other governmental agencies.
2. Prescribing medications for providing treatment to patients with psychological disorders.
3. Should be able to deal efficiently with emotionally disturbed adults.
4. Able to prescribe appropriate medicines to treat psychological disorders.
5. Able to prepare diagnostic reports and review them.
6. Able to prepare reports, maintain records, and related correspondence of work.
7. Able to develop treatment plans and sign off on treatment plans of other mental health professionals.
8. Collaborate with physicians, psychologists, clinical social workers, or other professionals to discuss treatment plans and progress.
9. Design individualized care plans, using a variety of treatments.
10. Examine or conduct laboratory or diagnostic test on patients to provide information on general physical condition or mental disorder.
11. Review and evaluate treatment procedures and outcomes of other mental health professional, especially PCP’s engaged in Collaborative Care Services.
12. Take continuing education classes, attend conferences or seminars to increase understanding of mental, emotional, or behavioral states or disorder. Also obtain 50 CME credits yearly.
13. Provide weekly Case Review to Behavioral Health Care Managers, which includes but is not limited to discussion, training, evaluation, and assessment of patient engaged in Collaborative Care registry CMTS.
1. Current license to practice medicine in New York State.
2. Minimum three years experience in delivering psychiatric services.
3. Board Certified or Board Eligible in psychiatry.
4. Bilingual is a plus (Spanish, Creole, or French)
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- with adult patients: 3 years (Required)
- MD NY (Required)
- Spanish, Creole or French (Preferred)
- One location
- Fully Remote
Hours per week:
- Temporarily due to COVID-19