Position Title: Family Development Specialist- NW Region St. Joseph
St. Joseph main office. Requires driving in NW region of Missouri (Especially Andrew, Dekalb and Nodaway counties)
Status: Part-time (20 hours per week), non-exempt
This position seeks to assist families through comprehensive case management. Services focus on aiding parents in the healthy development of their children through education, developmental assessments of children, goal setting and attainment, as well as assistance meeting their immediate needs.
Social worker services include maintaining a determined caseload of clients. The direct services required for Case Management include the following:
- Employee will conduct and document intakes on individuals and families.
- Employee will conduct and document a full assessment of the families, including Ages and Stages questionnaires on all children ages five and younger.
- Employee will provide case management services, including enrollment in public benefits, goal setting, and educational services to clients
- Employee will help with housing, transportation, medical expenses, clothing, emergency assistance, food, and other identified client needs as funding allows.
- Employee will lead regular educational classes for families.
- Employee will adhere to regulations and policies outlined by agency and funding grants when administering services.
- Employee will fully document services rendered into the agency’s and state’s databases in a timely fashion.
- Employee will properly document client services and interactions in accordance with funder requirements and agency requirements.
- Employee will adhere to HIPAA requirements in regard to handling of client protected health information.
Teamwork and Collaboration
- Employee will attend and participate in team meetings and program development planning.
- Employee will assist coworkers, when needed, in the welcome center, adoption and case management services.
- Employee will spend dedicated time in month working in the welcome center aiding walk-in clients.
- Employee will participate in regular supervisory sessions with program manager.
Commitment to Customers
- In all modes of service, employee is expected to establish and maintain a working relationship with community resources and to provide information and referral services as needed.
- Employee will treat clients with dignity and honor in all circumstances
Must possess one of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related human service field
- Licensed master social worker
- Licensed clinical social worker
- Licensed professional counselor OR
- Master’s degree in psychology or counseling from an accredited school with at least three years’ experience in child and/or family welfare services.
- Must have reliable transportation to be able to reach rural communities.
- Must pass driving record check.