Job ID: 252579
Conco Companies is a CRH company. Conco Companies is the leading ready-mix and crushed stone supplier in southwest Missouri and has been in business for over 70 years. Conco is also active in the trucking, cut-stone and quarry supply industries. With industry leading products and services, it is a great place to grow. If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today.
The Data Entry/Quarry Dispatcher performs the essential functions of the position, which include performing accurate data entry into existing computer systems, administrative support, and printing of sales tickets. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: data entry, report preparation, administrative staffing, dispatching deliveries, and printing of delivery tickets. This position requires strong communication skills, ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment, strong attention to detail, and the ability to multi- task.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare and sort documents/data sheets for the purpose of data entry.
- Establish entry priorities by maintaining and understanding of what data needs to be entered first.
- Enter data into prescribed database systems.
- Check to make sure that accurate data has been entered into the systems.
- Verify entered data by reviewing, correcting, changing or deleting entered information.
- Prepare, enter and process data for the weekly payroll processing.
- Confer with supervisor regarding incomplete information.
- Check completed work for accuracy and make any required changes.
- Respond to information access and retrieval requests from authorized members.
- Generate reports when requested from authorized members.
- Managing projects assigned by VP – GM of Quarry Division and Site Managers
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Printing of accurate sales tickets.
- Entering customer, job, product, truck and other information used to print sales tickets.
- Scheduling delivery times, loads and product.
- Assigning trucks to loads to be delivered.
- Take orders for product deliveries.
- Handing and process of cash, check and credit card payments.
- Understanding of products sold to ensure customer satisfaction.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to details.
- Effective project management skills and the ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
Adaptability: Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
Communication: Clearly conveys information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Customer Focus: Ensures that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
Follow-Up: Monitors the results of delegations, assignments, or projects, considering the skills, knowledge, and experience of the assigned individual and the characteristics of the assignment or project.
Judgement/Problem Solving: Makes timely, informed decisions that take into account the facts, goals, constraints and risks.
Planning and Organizing/Work Management: Establishes courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
Teamwork/Collaboration: Works effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
Technical/Professional Knowledge: Achieves a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
Motivational Fit: Receives personal satisfaction from activities and responsibilities available in the job and the organization’s mode of operation and values.
Education and Experience:
Previous relevant business and/or Data Entry experience required. High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Familiarity with the construction industry and/or dispatching experience preferred.
Physical Requirements: Percentage of Work Time Spent on Activity
0-24% 25-49% 50-74% 75-100%
Seeing: Must be able to see to read documents/reports and use computer X
Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with employees and applicants X
Sitting: Must be able to sit for long periods of time X
Standing/Walking: Must be able to move about the work area X
Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: Must be able to stoop or kneel to file documents X
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Must be able to lift more than 25 pounds with reasonable X
- assistance and able to lift 50 pounds with or without reasonable assistance.
Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to type and use equipment and electronic devices. X
Duties are performed in an office environment. Work pace can be very fast during deadlines and peak periods of the day, week or month.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Also, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Concrete Company of Springfield is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability-If you want to know more, please click on this link.