Automotive Warranty Administrator – Summary
Prepares, records, and submits warranty claims to the factory and/or distributor and reconciles them accordingly.
Automotive Warranty Administrator – Essential Duties
- Processes warranty claims on a timely basis for each franchise or distributor.
- Processes all warranty paperwork to ensure proper documentation.
- Verifies criteria required by factory or distributor.
- Reconciles all warranty receivables with payments through the appropriate accounting schedule.
- Posts credits on computer.
- Resubmits all rejected claims promptly or receives authorization to write them off.
- Follows up on payment of outstanding claims.
- Tracks warranty parts by tagging with repair order number, date of replacement and date on which part may be disposed of.
- Arranges for parts to be shipped to the factory or distributor or to be scrapped.
- Files and maintains all service records as required by the warrantor.
- Keeps informed of all factory recalls and bulletins.
- Assists with the cashier and telephone duties as needed.
- Assists with any clerical needs as directed by the fixed operations manager or the controller.
- Maintains a professional appearance and a neat work area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Assistant the Service Manager when necessary
Automotive Warranty Administrator – Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Automotive Warranty Administrator – Education and/or Experience
- No prior experience or training.
- Less than high school education; or up to one-month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One-year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Automotive Warranty Administrator – Language Skills
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Automotive Warranty Administrator – Mathematical Skills
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Automotive Warranty Administrator – Reasoning Ability
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Hyundai Trained is a plus
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $16.00 – $18.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 3 years (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- One location
Hours per week:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place