- Education, Experience and Competencies
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Basic Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Intermediate Skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
OtherMust be able to successfully complete the Virginia Department of Social Services registry search.Must be able to successfully complete a Tuberculosis screening within 30 days of employment.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must be able to successfully complete a LEIE (Office of Inspector General) search
- Must be able to successfully complete the Virginia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services fingerprinting and background check.
- Must be able to successfully complete FBI and State background investigation and drug screen.
A valid driver’s license and the ability to provide proof of insurance is required to drive personal vehicle on company business. Additionally, an acceptable motor vehicle record based on Goodwill guidelines is required to drive a company vehicle or transport program participants.
Must be able to successfully complete the following in-house training within the first 15 days of employment:
- Orientation (Objectives and philosophies of Goodwill Industries of the Valleys)
- Employee Compliance Update (Confidentiality practices)
- Human Rights orientation and practices
- HCBS Training
- Applicable Personnel Policies
- Emergency Preparedness Procedures
- Person Centeredness Training
- Blood Bourne Pathogen Training (Infection Control Practices and Measures)
- Pandemic Flu Training
- Developmental Disabilities Orientation
- Mandated Reporter Training
- EEO and Harassment
- Must be able to successfully complete the following in-house training upon hire and within a reasonable time period:
- CPR/First Aid
- Therapeutic Options Behavior Intervention Program Training
- Medication Administration Assistance Training
- Mental Health First Aide Training
Helping people and families in our communities achieve a better life through work and independence.”
Equal employment/Affirmative action employer.