Brookshire Grocery Company (BGC) is a family business based in Tyler, Texas, and currently operates more than 180 stores in three states – Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas – with three distribution centers and a corporate office. BGC prides itself on offering its partners one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry which includes medical, dental, prescription drug, vision, dental, paid time off, stock ownership, a 401k retirement plan, incentive plans, employee discounts, educational scholarships, and access to BGC’s 205-acre outdoor recreation area.
Ensures the parking lot remains free of shopping carts and obstructions to vehicles. Greets and engages guests with friendly and guest service-oriented attitude.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains friendly and guest service-oriented attitude.
- Performs cleaning duties to maintain the appearance and condition of store parking lot.
- Greets guests entering and/or leaving the store.
- Empties trash cans, spot cleans spills and breakages around parking lot.
- Bags guests’ groceries as necessary. May assist guests in the transport of groceries to vehicle.
- Placing shopping carts from parking lot into designated areas
- Handles objects gently to avoid damage to items, people, vehicles, property, etc.
- Upholds safe and sanitary working and shopping environment.
- Complies with Company policies and procedures.
- Ability to remain courteous with customers at all times.
- Ability to effectively communicate (in written and verbal form) with customers and partners.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work flexible schedules including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Typically involves on-the-job training.
- Minimum of 16 years of age required.
- Continuously required to use close vision, distance vision, depth perception or the ability to focus.
- Continuously required to stand or walk.
- Continuously required to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to use hands for reaching, touching or handling.
- Frequently required to push, pull, maneuver or lift objects up to 40 lbs.
- Frequently required to bend, kneel or squat.
- Occasionally required to push, pull, maneuver or lift objects up to 75 lbs.
- Attendance at work is required.
Work Context and Environment
- Work is generally performed in a outside.
- Continuously exposed to outside temperatures and weather.
- Occasionally exposed to wet, slippery or damp conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to cleaning agents.
- Quiet to moderate noise level.
Brookshire Grocery Company strives to provide a safe, drug free and alcohol-free environment for its partners and guests. The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information or military status and any other trait protected by law.