About Cordova Golf Course
Cordova Golf Course is a full-service 18-hole public golf facility that includes a lighted driving range, new electric lithium battery golf carts, a new logo and website (cordovagc.com) and much more. The District is looking for irrigation help needed to install, maintain, and repair irrigation systems and must enjoy working outdoors in public setting. There has never been a more exciting time to work and play golf at Cordova Golf Course. We would like for you to become part of our outstanding team!
Under supervision of the Golf Course Superintendent, performs a variety of unskilled/semi-skilled labor and maintenance work in the maintenance and operations of the Cordova Golf Course with a focus on irrigation systems. Ideal candidate has an understanding of the game of golf.
5:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Monday through Friday; may include weekends not to exceed 40 hours per week.
The Park Maintenance Worker Aide shall perform the following essential duties:
- Performs semi-skilled and unskilled manual labor work in landscaping, irrigation, carpentry, horticulture, masonry, painting, custodial, pest control and other crafts as required.
- Assists in the maintenance of turf by mowing, edging, fertilizing, aerating and raking.
- Assists in the installation, repair and maintenance of irrigation systems.
- Assists in the installation, pruning and maintenance of various shrubs and trees.
- Sweep, mop and clean areas; clean and sanitize restrooms.
- Assesses facilities, equipment and apparatus to identify conditions and take appropriate action to ensure safety.
- Cleans, maintains and organizes tools and equipment required for the job.
- Maintains written records and reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience (position requirements at entry):
Equivalent to graduation from high school plus one year of training and experience in the skilled minimum requirements listed above. Possession of a valid Class C California Driver's License is required.
Skilled in: Basic knowledge of proper and safe methods, techniques, materials and equipment used in the construction, maintenance and repair District parks and facilities.
Ability to: Follow oral and written directions and schedules; do simple mathematics; establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and the general public.
Process Skills: Must meet customer service and teamwork guidelines as defined in the performance standards. Accountable for knowledge and adherence to the policy manual.
Accommodations may be made for some physical demands for otherwise qualified individuals who require and request such accommodations.
- Mobility and dexterity to work in a standard office environment, use standard office equipment and attend off-site meetings
- Speech and hearing to communicate in person and by telephone.
- Vision to read handwritten and printed materials and a computer screen
- Must be able to perform heavy physical labor such as lift 50 pounds unassisted, carry, push and pull heavy objects; dig ditches and post holes; mix concrete, etc.
- Possess and maintain a valid California driver's license and acceptable driving records.
- Applicants must be at least eighteen (18) years of age prior to appointment due to the hazards of the job, as defined by the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Incumbents in this class must be willing to work on weekends, evenings and holidays, to work outdoors in all types of weather and to work at various locations throughout the District.
- Candidate is required to pass a background check.
NOTE: The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the needs of the department.
Before an employee is hired, he/she must successfully complete pre-employment requirements including, but not limited to: fingerprinting and background check, reference check, DMV check, licensure/certification check, Oath of allegiance to the United States of America and the State of California, and proof of eligibility to work in the United States in accordance with Immigration and Reform Control Act of 1986. All job offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment medical exam including a drug screen through CRPD's designated physician.
How to Apply for this Position:
When a recruitment opens for this position, an applicant must submit, during the application filing period, an online application and attach any supplemental information as required in the job announcement which may include submitting responses to a supplemental questionnaire. Online resumes and other unsolicited materials may be attached, but will not be considered in lieu of the required online application, unless otherwise specified in the job announcement. CRPD reserves the right to limit the number of online applications when necessary. Applicants are responsible for maintaining/updating their contact information through the online application system.
Initial Selection Review:
The Cordova Recreation and Park District reviews all initial application materials to identify qualified applicants. Applicants meeting minimum qualifications will be invited to the first phase of the recruitment process. CRPD reserves the right to refer only the better qualified applicants if the number of applicants is high. If the number of applicants is high, the review process may include a secondary screening (by a panel of job knowledge experts) of the applications and/or supplemental questionnaires in which the better qualified applicants are referred to the next phase of the recruitment process. Because recruitment processes vary, applicants are advised to thoroughly review the job announcement before submitting their online application materials.
Testing for this position or any other position may include, but is not limited to the following: written exam, practical exam, panel interview, physical ability test, assessment center, oral presentation, project assignment, etc. If a revision is made to a testing component during a recruitment process, the assigned recruiter will notify by email all affected applicants.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Accommodation:
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, anyone who needs an ADA accommodation for the purposes of employment testing should contact the assigned recruiter upon opening of a recruitment.
Withdrawing from Recruitment Process:
Whenever an applicant chooses to withdraw from a recruitment process, he/she is required to submit an email notification to the assigned recruiter requesting a withdrawal from the process. The email to the recruiter must include the applicant's current phone number.
All questions regarding this position should be directed to the assigned recruiter upon opening of a future recruitment.NOTE: The provisions of this publication do not constitute an express or implied contract. Any provision in this publication may be modified or revoked without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The Cordova Recreation and Park District is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.