Apex is seeking a Paralegal to support real estate and land management activity related to the development, financing, construction, and operation of utility-scale renewable energy projects. This person reports to the Senior Real Estate Counsel.
Working closely with the Land Department as well as cross-departmentally, this role will give you exposure to project financing, leasing efforts, diligence requests, and project closings on projects across our portfolio. The Paralegal position requires excellent communication and collaboration skills as well as the ability to work well under pressure, multitask, and shift priorities on the go. The successful candidate will be well organized, with solid analytical skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to synthesize and conceptualize complex ideas. A passion for renewable energy is a plus.
- Support in-house real estate counsel by drafting documents related to project financing including real estate schedules, amendments, extensions, terminations, estoppels and other miscellaneous documents.
- Under the direction of real estate counsel, create and maintain closing checklists and respond to diligence requests to facilitate project closings.
- Provide assistance to real estate counsel in drafting new lease templates, term sheets and other agreements to support new leasing efforts, including coordination with developers to incorporate requested changes to standardized templates, obtaining approval of lease term sheets from project managers, and review of agreement templates to ensure compliance with county recording requirements.
- Create and maintain a system for cataloguing special lease provisions to improve coordination and efficiency within the land legal department.
- Provide support to land team on variety of real estate related tasks.
- Associates degree with paralegal certificate (bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred).
- Minimum of three years of real estate paralegal experience or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated experience working closely with cross-functional teams of internal and external resources.
- Ability to project a positive image of the company and cultivate and maintain positive relationships within the company and with external parties.
- Strong computer skills and ability to utilize a variety of technologies to streamline workflow.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and critical thinking skills.
- Highly organized; able to juggle competing demands and follow through on deliverables with minimal supervision.
- Desire to work in a culture that demands high ethical standards, professionalism and personal integrity.
- Able to work from our headquarters in Charlottesville, VA.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Employer Match
- 401(k) Pre-tax or Roth Deferrals
- Health Savings Accounts
- Flexible Spending Arrangements
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Voluntary Additional Term Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Volunteer Time Off
- Progressive Parental Leave Plan
- Milk Stork Travel Solution
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Employee Referral Program
- ACAC Fitness and Wellness Center – Corporate Discount
- Company Paid Cell Phone
- Company Paid Parking
- United Van Lines – Relocation Discounts