The ideal candidate will have contract management expertise, experience using an electronic contract management system, ability to interpret and analyze contractual provisions, strong communication and customer service skills, excellent Excel skills with reporting expertise, and a positive “can-do” attitude. He or she will participate in and contribute to the development and on-going review of relevant processes, guidelines and procedures relating to the Company’s commercial contracting practices. The successful candidate will support all Parexel business lines, in all geographic regions across the globe.
It is expected that the Paralegal, Commercial Contracts will use his/her tech-savvy skills, professionalism and knowledge of commercial contracting to create efficiencies within current processes and help provide informative and transparent reporting to management.
- In accordance with expected timelines, vet commercial LRM support request for adequacy, obtain required supplemental information from the requester as needed, conduct diligence using the company’s contract management system and in collaboration with stakeholders to prepare complete assignment requests, and timely submit LRM assignments (based on established protocols and instructions)
- Prepare and negotiate certain contracts to support Parexel’s business lines. Complexity and materiality of deals the successful candidate will work on depends on experience and skill level set and are expected to grow over time. Day-one examples may include confidentiality agreements and independent consultant agreements.
- Timely creation of complete and accurate records within LRM’s contract management system for assignments, including maintaining relevant contractual dates and status entries
- Extract key terms & conditions from executed contracts (such as financial and operational terms and termination rights and expiration dates), update the contract management system with applicable terms, and prepare associated contract summaries
- Research and analyze executed agreements within a variety of internal systems for discrete projects within LRM
- Maintain meeting notes and minutes
- Maintain and update commercial contract templates as instructed
- Validate final versions of agreements before execution
- Obtain approvals and internal / external signatures for contracts in accordance with established processes
- Review records and associated data within contract management system to ensure contracting processes and procedures are followed with respect to the creation, approval and execution of commercial contracts
- Collecting, analyzing and reporting on various types of data from contract management system to track system compliance, metrics and contract status
- Providing support for various projects, presentations and miscellaneous tasks as requested
- Establishing strong, collaborative relationships with team members responsible for commercial contracting
- Strong business acumen
- Tech savvy with proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio; familiarity with salesforce.com platform a plus
- Demonstrated understanding and strong working knowledge of complex commercial contract structure, language, terms and conditions
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm
- Attention to detail with an adherence to first-time-quality
- A strong desire to operate and improve contract management processes and policies
- Contract management experience
- ata analysis and reporting experience
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Value the importance of teamwork
- Demonstrated good judgment in making decisions and creativity in solving problems
- Initiative! Enthusiasm! Resourcefulness!
- 4 year college degree
- Preferably a certified paralegal
Minimum Work Experience
- At least 3 years on-point experience in a law firm or in-house/contracts group setting for a global corporation
Parexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.