We are searching for an individual that has business law experience and interest in moving into a Paralegal role. The position will assist the Business Law Group with preparation of documentation related to various corporate transactions including mergers and acquisitions, secured financings and other corporate transactions.
- Assisting in the preparation of complex contracts and documentation related to various corporate transactions including mergers and acquisitions, secured financings and other corporate transactions.
- Assisting in the completion of due diligence.
- Assisting in closing corporate transactions including drafting closing agendas, preparation of corporate resolutions, closing certificates and related documents, coordination of execution of documents, required filings and preparation of closing books.
- Assist in obtaining and analyzing UCC, tax lien and litigation searches.
- Assisting in the formation and maintenance or corporation and other legal entities including preparation and filing of organizational documents, certificates and filings.
- Providing paralegal support and services relating to corporate governance, including maintaining stock records, corporate record books and documentation for board of directors and shareholders’ meetings.
- Supporting attorneys in completing diverse and complicated legal projects.
- A minimum of 3 years of corporate experience as a legal secretary in a large law firm or corporate law department with substantive experience in mergers & acquisitions, securities, corporate governance.
- Strong attention to detail and strong written communication skills.
- Strong sense of client service and a commitment to being part of a great team.
- Ability to work independently and to prioritize and multi-task to complete projects effectively and efficiently.
- Flexibility to work extended hours when necessary.
Equal Opportunity Employer