Reporting directly to the Production Manager, this position is based in Bauxite, Arkansas.
- Paint and primer a variety of components by using a mixture of primer and paint colors as specified by the customer.
- Prepare unit by sanding and blasting rust as required.
- Apply stencils and decals as required using blueprints or folios.
- Order paint supplies/materials and primer.
- Assist in training lower level paint personnel as to the proper techniques and safe methods of handling solvents, paint primer and other chemicals.
- Fill out appropriate progress reports as required.
- Fill out timesheets to track hours spent on each project, indirect labor, training, etc.
- Other duties as determined by supervision.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Experience using industrial paint equipment in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have good communication skills and pay attention to detail.
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision and be able to work with others in a team environment.
- Obtain Company certification to operate overhead cranes, jib hoists, and industrial forklift.
- Basic computer skills such as working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications preferred.
Health & Safety Requirements:
- Maintain departmental housekeeping and 5S standards.
- Perform job functions in a safe manner.
- Wear all Personal Protective Equipment (P.P.E.) required by Company Policy for the job being performed.
- Know and follow established job specific and facility wide safety and health procedures and rules.
- Actively participate in safety and health training and demonstrate competency based on training received.
- Bring safety and health issues, unsafe acts, and safety suggestions to management’s attention or correct those you can.
- Employees who are required to wear half or full-face respirators must take and pass a pulmonary function test annually, as well as be fit tested annually and must complete a medical surveillance questionnaire each year.
- No facial hair is permitted that may interfere with the seal of the respirator.
- Areas that utilize air supplied hoods; there are no medical requirement but must complete a medical surveillance questionnaire each year.
- Responsible for collection of paint related waste associated with pain gun flush activities. Painters will receive introductory and annual training related to the hazardous waste collection of gun flush solvent. Training will cover hazards of hazardous waste, collection methods, spill prevention methods, bonding/grounding to be utilized, emergency shutdown procedures for paint/solvent lines, proper labeling and dating of containers, storage requirements and time frames, spill reporting and emergency evacuation procedures, and containment procedures.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is located on the production shop floor, in multiple buildings. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use tools or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand, reach, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Incumbent will work in a typical paint environment including the use of solvents, adhesives, hydraulic oil, petroleum products, etc. There is frequent lifting and/or moving of up to 50 pounds.
- The world’s most advanced crane service and support program, Manitowoc Crane Care is divided into five key disciplines: Parts; Service and Technical Support; Technical Publications; Training; and EnCORE, our branded rebuild, repair, remanufacture and exchange program. Together, Manitowoc Crane Care promises crane owners unprecedented access to expedited, ongoing care for every Manitowoc product they operate…24 hours-per-day, 365 days-per-year. And it continues to provide that same level of care through the products’ lifecycle. For Total Lifecycle Support, maximum equipment utilization, optimal profitability, and outstanding overall owner/operator value, no other crane maker comes close to Manitowoc Crane Care. Manitowoc Crane Care is a division of Manitowoc Cranes – parent company, The Manitowoc Company, Inc.
EOE / DISABLED / VETERAN
Primary Location: United States-AR-Bauxite
Organization: Grove US, LLC
Job Posting: Nov 15, 2019, 3:30:55 PM