Join Our Team
Competitive Starting Pay Range PLUS Shift Premium!
Are you looking to start a career for a strong and growing company? If so, come join our team!
Worthington Industries – Engineered Cabs is offering great pay and an excellent benefits package that starts Day One, to include: Health, Dental, Life Insurance, 401k Match, Paid Vacation and Tuition Assistance. Profit Sharing and Salary Plan are available after a 90-day probationary period.
Our operators have a strong tradition of continued growth and promotion. We pride ourselves in an environment where are associates have the freedom to encourage each other to reach beyond the ordinary.
This position requires a self-starter with a strong work ethic and a desire to perform the duties to the highest standard. If you are a driven person, have aspirations for a career and are of 18 years of age, apply today!
The Paint Prep role prepares the product for painting by washing, masking, sanding and caulking product per instructions. The position is responsible for moving the product to the paint booth. The Paint Prep will also remove all tape and paper after the product is completely dry and maintains a clean and safe area. A successful candidate is a self-motivated multi-tasker that utilizes a strong work ethic to ensure all painting quality levels are met.
- Washes product assuring all oil and dirt is removed.
- Marks and masks off areas of product using tape and masking paper to protect it while surrounding areas are painted.
- Removes and disposes of tape and masking paper after the paint is dry.
- Caulks cracks when necessary using pneumatic and hand-pump caulking guns.
- Moves product into the paint booth by pulling product on the conveyor line or by pulling loaded parts racks.
- Sands or otherwise prepares surface for painting.
- Handles paint, paint related materials and hazardous wastes properly.
- Performs necessary quality assurance measures and appropriate paperwork as required.
- Properly disposes of paint, thinner, rags, and masking paper as needed.
- Performs the duties mentioned above to run successive colors on the same product as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and short correspondence
- Intermediate mathematical skills
- Must be able to stand for extended period of time and exert moderate to heavy physical effort with a minimum lifting requirement of 50 pounds
- Must be willing to travel as needed via most efficient means
- Must be physically able to access all areas of the plant and grounds
High School Diploma or equivalent
Worthington Industries operates under a long-standing corporate philosophy rooted in the Golden Rule, with earning money for its shareholders as the first corporate goal. As a market leader in metals manufacturing for nearly 60 years, we put people first, whether they’re our employees, shareholders, customers or suppliers. We’re looking for individuals who share our people-first philosophy and can help us continually innovate and grow through their insights, leadership and unique talents.
Worthington Industries (NYSE: WOR) is a global metals manufacturer serving growing end markets including automotive, construction, energy, agriculture, alternative fuel and many other markets. Our family of 10,000 employees in over 80 facilities throughout 10 countries has helped us earn the respect of our customers, our communities and our industry. With sales of approximately $ 3 billion annually, our company has been recognized by FORTUNE magazine as a “Most Admired Company” and four times as a “100 Best Companies to Work For.”
Worthington Industries Inc., and its subsidiaries, is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability or veteran’s status.