Pennex Aluminum Company is a life sustaining organization because of our partnership with military and medical customers. We are proud to say we are OPEN and HIRING! We are looking for safe and dedicated individuals to help us serve these customers! When you join our team, you are offered:
· Competitive wages; with opportunities for advancement
· Incentives for perfect attendance
· A robust benefit package after 30 days that includes medical/dental/vision; disability and life insurances; 401(k)
· Paid holidays upon hire
· Vacation at 6 months
· A refined Wellness Incentive Program
· An employee led culture of safety
LOCATION: Wellsville, PA near Gifford Pinchot State Park
JOB TITLE: Packer
SHIFT: 6 AM – 6 PM Three or four days a week, every other weekend off!
PAY SCALE: 14.00/ hour
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
· Repetitively lift aluminum extrusions of lengths up to forty feet and weighing up to seventy-five pounds from metal basket carriers to packing conveyor.
· Gather all material needed for framing bundles, such as but not limited to: tape, stretch wrap cardboard, paper, banding, etc.
· Visually inspect metal while forming bundles looking for burrs, scratches, chips, gouges, dents, bubbles, die lines, etc.
· Ensure all pieces meet or exceed customer specifications.
· When material is questionable, contact foreman, supervisor or inspector for approval.
· Assemble bundles per foreman’s instructions utilizing packing materials to meet customer specifications.
· Assist and/or operate cut back saw station and acts as saw helper at the press.
· Lift metal from racks and return after cutting. Ensure all cuts are made to meet customer specifications.
· Record appropriate piece count or weigh count daily.
· Records time it takes to pack a bundle.
· Push baskets on wheels into or out of workstation.
· Carry scrap metal to scrap cart.
· Maintain a neat and orderly work area including general housekeeping of the work area upon completion of a repair.
· Assists with general housekeeping of the Shipping area.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Must be able to pass a pre employment physical and drug screen
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $14.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
All people in the facility are required to wear masks.
- One location
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place