NOTE: Hours for this position are 5:00am – 3:30pm Monday through Thursday with Friday, Saturday and Sunday off each week
Pay: $10.00 per hour
The Packer is responsible for sealing and labeling product, then weighing and making sure the product is placed on a skid for distribution.
Essential Job Duties
- Places the appropriate lid on product, then seals the product completely.
- Properly labels products using label machine.
- Determines weight of product and sorts product into appropriate Acetate trays
- Stacks product on skids, once product is sealed and labeled.
- Operates tape machine.
- In keeping with our value of Customer Satisfaction, this position is expected to provide high-quality customer service to our customers, vendors, and others alike.
- Cleans shelves, bins, tables, and coolers.
- In keeping with our value of Customer Satisfaction, this position is expected to provide high-quality customer service to our internal and external customers, vendors, and others alike.
- Adheres to company Policy and Procedures.
- Performs duties as workload necessitates.
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude.
- Communicates regularly with supervisor and about department issues.
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize.
- Consistently reports to work on time, prepared to perform duties of position.
- Meets department productivity standards.
- May perform other duties as required.
- This job follows standard practices and procedures, and is expected to accomplish work assignments with a limited amount of supervision.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Language Ability: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees of the organization. Must have the ability to read and understand English.
- Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- No prior experience required.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific abilities required by this job include steady and sustained visual and mental alertness. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to grasps or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, twist, taste or smell.
- Work is performed in a production environment and disruptions occur frequently.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- The temperature in the work environment can fluctuate based on the outside temperature, creating warmer or cooler than normal conditions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.