Cenveo, a world leader in the management and distribution of print and related offerings is seeking Machine Packers for its envelope manufacturing facility in Kirksville, MO facility for 2nd and 3rd shifts.
· 8 hours shift required Monday – Friday, with overtime required as well as Saturdays during busy season/based on business needs.
· $12.20hr – 13.50/hr + shift premium $0.40/hr (2nd shift) or $1/hr (3rd shift)
· There are opportunities to be promoted to a Trainee Machine Adjuster position if the adequate mechanical skills are demonstrated over a period of time with the possibility to earn pay increases if successful progress is being made based on the requirements for the position.
The ideal candidate will have a High School diploma or equivalent, 6 months of relevant work experience in a production environment with quality inspection experience and basic math and measuring skills. The ability to perform in a high volume work environment with speed and accuracy.
Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, Cenveo encompasses more than two dozen entities in over 100 facilities across the U.S., as well as manufacturing operations in Asia, South America and Central America.
Cenveo provides competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a Health, Dental and Vision insurance and Paid Time Off. In addition, we provide 401k, as well as disability insurance, life insurance, as well as other benefit plans.
Under general supervision, loads paper on to automatic hand-fed or web envelope folding machines and packs the finished product in a team environment. Inspects quality of envelopes, labels cartons, reports variances to key personnel and checks current production orders/schedules to determine daily production requirements.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
These are functions a qualified incumbent or applicant must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
· Receives production order (pocket) and determines that adequate cartons/boxes have been placed at line.
- Notifies material handler if additional cartons are needed for the packing run.
· Feeds blanks into machine; visually inspects product for defects and reports defects to machine adjuster immediately.
· Shuts off machine if line jams; clears minor jams or calls machine adjuster.
· Packs items in designated boxes and cartons (style and size) per customer order.
· Places identification labels on cartons.
· Reports production on production report.
· Reports to authorized personnel any malfunction of assigned equipment or any major incidence of defective product or packing materials.
· May be required to do rework on finished product.
· May be required to work on auxiliary equipment (punch, drill, etc.).
· Sweeps and cleans up work area during and at the end of shift.
· Must be able to safety and efficiently perform scheduled operator preventative maintenance and general housekeeping duties.
· Responsible for arriving/leaving workstation on time and taking breaks when authorized.
· Must be able to conduct, document and report quality assurance checks as instructed to include notifying supervisor of immediate quality issues.
Other (Non-Essential) Functions
Includes functions which are normally performed by persons holding this title. However, these functions may be reassigned to other employees as part of a “Reasonable Accommodation” under the ADA.
· May act as material handler in moving skids or making cartons when line is down.
· Other duties and assignments as required.
· Minimum: High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Minimum: 6 months of machine packer experience in a manufacturing environment
· Minimum: 6 months of quality inspection experience in a manufacturing environment
· Basic verbal and written communication skills.
· Basic math skills with the ability calculate fractions and measure using a ruler.
· Basic computer skills
· Must possess ability to work at a rapid pace
· Ability to perform work safely
· Reliable ; Dependable transportation
Physical Requirements & Environmental Conditions
· Ability to keep up with a high-speed delivery output in a standing position for a full shift.
· Mental alertness to stop equipment when jam occurs.
· Ability to step up, reach overhead, and manually feed blanks into machine.
· Requires regularly standing, walking, carrying, climbing, and reaching.
· Ability to lift up to 55 pounds.
· Manual dexterity required to grasp objects; exposure to arm and wrist fatigue.
· Exposure to noise; must wear hearing protection and safety shoes.
Cenveo is an EEO Employer
Related keywords: warehouse, hiring immediately, warehouse worker, amazon
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.20 – $13.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- Night shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place