Posted Date: Feb 5 2021
Are you energized by a highly technical packaging operations role that allows you to enhance your leadership skills in a state-of-the-art manufacturing environment? If so, this Packaging Team Leader FLL role could be an exciting opportunity to explore.
As a Packaging Team Leader FLL, you will develop and enable a first touch team of operators to consistently deliver outstanding safety, quality, service and value to the person at the end of our supply chain’. It is a key role in ensuring that the business strategy is delivered through an engaged, motivated and capable team of staff.
Shift: Monday thru Friday from 3:00pm to 11:30pm
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Ensure quality and compliance in accordance with established procedures and standards of the Quality System.
- Comply with and support the GSK Environmental, Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- People Leadership – full people leadership for a team of staff working within a production environment
- Use GPS Tools for Problem solving and Performance management within the business area that the FLL is responsible for.
- Process management by creating and confirming standards (against the 4M’s, Material, Manpower, Method, Measurement) required to manage safety, quality, compliance and output. This includes being well prepared to have a good shift/batch/day/etc.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's Degree or 5 – 7 years’ experience in a pharmaceutical or manufacturing in a leadership role with Associates Degree
- 3+ years of experience in a production environment
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work and succeed in a team environment
- Demonstrated good oral and written communication skills
- Team oriented and flexible, able to adapt to changing assignments
- Highly motivated and self-driven with a desire to continuously improve own skill set.
- Good organizational skills and interest in project management
- Ability to operate computer applications preferred.
- Detail oriented
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action – a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.