This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
Summary: Responsible for packing quality product into boxes for shipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Checks finished product for quality issues, as it comes off of the conveyor.
- Packs plastic containers and lids of various sizes into sleeves & boxes (0 to less than 5 pounds).
- Grinding scrap material out of sleeves (0 to less than 5 pounds).
- After packing containers, he / she will pass the box to the “tape machine”.
- Responsible for keeping the work area clean.
- Builds and labels boxes as needed.
- Grinds poor quality product.
- Re-packs product as needed.
- Cleans inside and outside of machinery.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Product Safety: It is the intent, objective and philosophy of Pactiv to produce safe, legal and quality products. Pactiv makes every effort to ensure product conformity at each manufacturing step while maintaining a safe production environment and a workforce superior for the thermoforming of food contact packaging products.
To ensure product safety, this position will:
- Adhere to Pactiv’s GMP requirements
- Identity product and/or situations that risk product contamination
- Close and seal boxes adequately to prevent contamination
- Identify product and/or situations that violate cleaning and pest control requirements
- Inform quality regarding nonconforming product so it can be segregated
- Make certain that no glass is brought into the facility
- Not store product directly on the floor
- Only place goods in approved containers
- Not use Pactiv containers for storing miscellaneous items
- Practice good hygiene and not eat, drink (water in plastic bottles is allowed) or use tobacco except in designated areas
- Clean work area using approved chemicals, equipment and techniques
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world’s largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran’s status, or any other characteristics protected by law. “IND1P” #ZR