Littleton Academy is a 16-bed residential treatment facility for latency-aged children that specializes in trauma informed care and specialty treatment modalities. Littleton Academy provides comprehensive care including a school on site, a full clinical staff, nursing staff, and 24-hour direct care supervision. Students are referred to Littleton Academy based on struggles maintaining safety at less restrictive levels of care and who require the support of a full service treatment modality to make progress towards their treatment goals.
Littleton Academy’s Residential Department seeks an Awake Overnight Residential Counselors who can embody and uphold our values on a daily basis. This person must love working with latency-aged children, be energetic, positive, disciplined, have excellent boundaries and will thrive in a fast-paced environment. The Awake Overnight Residential Counselors we are seeking will take pride in working with a team who strives to make everyday a little bit better for our group of children.
Schedules being offered: Sunday-Thursday 9pm-7am.
The Awake Overnight Residential Counselor position will be responsible for the following:
- Support all efforts to ensure the safety and well-being of students by providing verbal and physical interventions to provide a safe living environment.
- Be a positive role model by building rapports with our students.
- Follow all regulations and policies and be able to work with a team.
- Remain awake through overnight to ensure safety of milieu.
- Bilingual a plus!! ($500 bonus)
- High School Diploma required.
- Residential program or mental health program experience preferred.
- Experience working with children in specialized populations preferred.
- Acceptable CORI (Criminal Offender Record Information) and OIG background check.
- Maintains valid driver's license.
- Driving and transporting students is required.
- Able to work alone in an unsupervised environment.
- Must be able to engage in physical interventions for dysregulated or assaultive students according to BCC regulations and techniques. Orientation offered upon offer!
- Bonus offered at 6 months and 1 year of employment!
Bilingual Bonus – Candidates must be able to speak, write and read in a different language to be eligible for $500 bilingual bonus.
Offer includes: Access to our excellent Blue Cross medical and Delta Dental benefits, 401K matched up to $800 a year, tuition reimbursement up to $4000 per year, pension after 5 years of employment, generous paid time off up to 19 days for full time employees in your first year and much more.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Night shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Residential/Mental Health Facility: 1 year (Preferred)
- Awake overnight: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)