An Overnight Counselor is responsible for assisting and supporting clients through the entire treatment experience, from admission through discharge, and is responsible for:
- Staying awake and being ready to handle any overnight emergency;
- Contributing insightful, practical and meaningful information to support the client’s behavior, mood and healing progress
- Role-modeling appropriate and supportive behavior based on your training and experience
- Supporting our clients in their journey to a healthier and more productive life
- Maintaining a safe, clean and inviting environment
The Counseling team is available to our clients on a twenty-four hour basis. Counselors are often part of the client’s major support system, and as such, derive great satisfaction from making a powerful difference in their lives. Counselors manage crisis situations such as food refusal, emotional breakdowns and more. Center For Discovery is open to ideas for connecting with our clients in new and innovative ways. Counselors are empowered to be creative in their approach as personal strengths, skills and passions (e.g. yoga, art, hobbies…) may be integrated into our program.
- Checking on sleeping clients regularly
- Supervising client hygiene time in the morning
- Managing nighttime emergencies and crises as they arise
- Soothing clients and working through issues as needed
- Understanding and maintaining the confidential nature of all client and program related activities
- Attending all training, education and staff enrichment activities; being familiar with the philosophy, mission and objectives of Center For Discovery
- Contributing to the well-being of all clients by serving as a positive role model, demonstrating appropriate dress, grooming, communication and positive behavior in a professional, warm and caring manner
- Sharing vital information of the client’s progress with the treatment team
- Maintaining an inviting environment and ensuring the house is tidy and clean at all times; replenishes supplies as needed
This is a part-time position, 11:30pm – 7:30am, at one of our residential programs. For a virtual tour of the facility, please visit our website at centerfordiscovery.com.
- Associate’s degree required, Bachelors degree preferred
- Must possess a current Driver’s License and be in good standing
- Experience in eating disorders, mental health or counseling services is preferred
Why Work with Us
At Center For Discovery you will have the opportunity to work closely within a team of professionals consisting of eating disorder and mental health experts, all dedicated to promoting lasting health and healing. Clinical supervision and guidance are provided on total client care and therapeutic milieu management, as well as career growth and personal development oversight. You will develop an individualized growth plan which will help you develop your professional skills and career objectives.
Get to Know Us
Center For Discovery has a 20-year legacy of transforming lives by promoting health, healing and hope to our clients and their families. We are a national leader in behavioral healthcare and offer world-class treatment for eating disorders, mental health and substance use conditions. We serve adolescents and adults in both residential and outpatient settings. It is our mission to create a transformative therapeutic experience aimed at profoundly and creatively facilitating behavioral, emotional and spiritual growth. We place a high priority on providing an environment that supports an unlimited capacity for learning, and we seek qualified individuals who share our passion for improving the lives of those we serve. With plans for continued growth, upward job mobility makes this an ideal workplace for those who want to build a career in the behavioral health sector. Come grow with us.