Do you have experience selling tents and other special event rental equipment. Do you have experience as an Event Manager managing special event installs? If yes we are interested in speaking with you.
Very busy tent & special event rental company is hiring a salesperson for the Washington DC Metro area (Maryland, Northern Virginia, Washington DC.
The ideal candidate has worked in the special events industry and enjoys providing exceptional customer service while at the same time securing new business and growing a current book of business. They are driven to succeed with a proven track record of continually achieving/exceeding goals. We are looking for a person who is motivated by building long lasting partnerships and relationships that grow year after year.
The successful candidate will be able to:
– Develop a business plan for the assigned market that ensures attainment of personal and company sales and profitability goals
– Utilize company resources in the pursuit, production, and attainment of new clients and revenue opportunities
– Proactively expand and maintain assigned strategic accounts in geographic or industry segment area
– Identify and manage targeted client prospects according to assigned minimum revenue potential
– Prepare and deliver sales presentations to decision makers and event committees
– Consult with clients to determine event details
– Prepare or oversee the entry of customer orders and production schedules/ timelines (verifies entered orders for accuracy; works with clients on revisions/ additions).
In order to succeed in this role, the candidate needs to be able to demonstrate:
– 3-5+ years successful Outside Sales or Special Event Rental Management with a proven track record providing exceptional customer service, managing installs with timelines, and selling products and professional services
– New business development / prospecting experience selling into in a fast-paced selling environment
– Account management and new business development experience with revenue responsibility
– Ability to prioritize and leverage resources successfully
– Must have exceptional scheduling, communication, prospecting, presentation and selling skills
– Displays self-discipline, competitiveness, good business and work ethics
– Ability and commitment to learn a vast product offering
– Knowledge of social media outlets like Instagram, Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter, and blogging is a plus
We are looking for individuals with:
– A clear understanding of the demands and pressures required to succeed in a service intensive business
– A professional attitude/demeanor, and a strong work ethic
– A genuine concern for and commitment to the success of the company and customers
– Strong interpersonal & organizational skills focusing on quality
Please send cover letter and resume with salary history.
Due to the number of responses, we respond only to candidates we wish to invite to an interview.
Salary (based on experience) + commission
Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts