Acuity Eye Group is a nationally recognized group of Ophthalmology practices that specializes in a wide variety of services to help patients receive treatment for a number of different vision-related needs. Acuity Eye Group has offices located throughout several regions in Southern and Central California and we continue to grow! Currently, our group Specialists treat patients in more than 45 locations and 4 Ambulatory Surgery Centers in California. Because of our growth and the patients we need to treat, we must expand our teams and are currently looking for the right individual to join our Clinical team as a Ophthalmic (Back Office) Technician.
Ophthalmic Technicians perform a variety of patient care, office, and laboratory duties. They prepare patients for examination and assist other optical professionals in providing treatment to the eyes.
If you are the one we’re looking for, in addition to helping our company continue to grow, you will also get:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans for yourself and/or your family
- 401K plan with an employer match opportunity
- Life and Long Term Disability insurance programs
- Paid Holiday and Vacation time off
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Correctly summarizes and documents what the physician says during an examination, including but not limited to, proper charting of the examination: documenting additions to the chief complaint, assessment and recommendations for treatment.
- Able to conduct a basic Visual Acuity (VA) assessment.
- Ability to perform an intraocular pressure (IOP) test with a Tonopen unit.
- Administer topical ophthalmic and dilation medications to a patient.
- Collect and document the patient’s chief complaint.
- Verify the patient’s ocular and medical health history.
- Document any medications patient is taking.
- Understands back-up protocol for processing patients in the event of system outages.
- Ability to take Fundus photos.
- Administer a Visual Field (VF) test.
- Ability to perform a Flourescein Angiogram (FA) procedure.
- Ability to perform an Indocyanine Green Angiography (ICG) procedure.
- Ability to perform a Refraction.
- Ability to perform basis front office tasks and functions.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
For this role, you must have the following qualifications:
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
- At least one (1) year of medical experience.
We hope (but don’t require) that you also have:
- Experience in the Ophthalmic or Optometric Industry.
Clinic Location: Tustin, CA
This is a full time position and we expect the working hours to be from 8am to 5pm.
If you’ve come this far, you’re obviously intrigued by this opportunity. Acuity is one of the largest comprehensive Ophthalmology group practices in the U.S. Come join our team and help us continue to reach more patients in more markets than we’ve ever served before!
Job Type: Full-time
- Ophthalmic Technician: 1 year (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Employee discounts