Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today’s gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders.
The Forklift Operator is responsible for operating a forklift or other equipment to move, locate, relocate, stack, and count merchandise. The Operator is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle and may also be required to perform Order Filler and Checker duties.
- Unload inbound shipments safely and move product to storage locations.
- Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate areas.
- Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage.
- Report quality variances.
- Pull and prepare product for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped.
- Perform picking duties in an efficient manner that meets customer service standards.
- Load, unload, move, stack, and stage product and materials using a forklift, clamp truck, or other power equipment.
- Use radio frequency equipment for picking, receiving, put away, and load functions, as required.
- Maintain the facility’s equipment and materials in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion.
- On a daily basis, inspect and perform minor maintenance on the forklift or other equipment.
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods.
- Keep appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight inventory control and security are maintained.
- Assist in physical inventories.
- Ensure proper stock rotation.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
- Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
- Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety.
- Comply with OSHA and MSDS Standards.
- Preferred education level is a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have at least one year experience operating a forklift.
- Must be able to do basic math functions such as adding, subtracting and dividing.
- Must be able to read orders for picking and staging of products.
- Must be able to complete the pre-shift inspection forms. Must be able to pass the Scotts forklift exams and obtain and maintain a valid operator’s license.
What we do for you (just to list a few cool ones):
- A highly competitive benefits package includin: Health, Dental and vision coverage.
- Fitness Club Reimburssement
- Unbelievable 401k match (up to 7.5%) and discounted stock purchasing program (15% discount)
- Our commitment to diversity and inclusion includes four employee resource groups: Scotts Wiomen’s Network, Scotts Black Employee Network, Scotts Veterans Network and Scotts Young Professionals.
- Generous holiday and vacation days.