Team Azure seeks a Business Operations/Program Manager interested in advancing Microsoft’s cloud-first strategy. Azure’s central Program Management Office operates globally on every facet of delivering Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more! You will run a critical operational system that scales across the Azure of today alongside our central office and its partners.
We are creating a welcoming, inclusive environment that represents the vast perspectives needed in building and providing global and world-class services to which customers trust their most mission-critical businesses. We aspire to make Azure a place where everyone belongs and does their best work. You will play an important role in evolving the program, ensuring its scalability, sustainability, and ongoing success for Microsoft.
A successful candidate champions deployment with excellence, demonstrates thoughtful efficiency, eliminates waste, motivates others to equal success through personal example and knowledge sharing, transforms detailed tactical information into systemic success, and inspires people to do their best work every day.
If you embrace a growth mindset, love change management, and drive flawless execution, this is a great opportunity to join a high-performance team and help shape the Azure culture and future!
Influencing the operational excellence of Azure requires a candidate who:
- Can deploy and offer suggestions to improve systems and tools, backed by thoughtful and reliable training and documentation, with a proven track record of driving high visibility projects with tangible business and financial impact
- Demonstrates the ability to translate information across a variety of functional areas and people, quickly becoming a critical subject matter expert or partner who can train others
- Transparently partners with stellar communication to influence all team members, bringing them along with buy-in and excitement toward progress
- Excels at distilling ambiguous customer information or questions into critical elements of a problem, and then delivering efficient and scalable solutions
- Analyzes and audit large quantities data with precision for further depth analysis where needed and delivers recommendations for partners and team members
- Develops strong and lasting relationships across a dynamic customer and partner base
Note that given global scope of our team, limited travel may be required as needed.
- At least one year of professional administrative, program, or project management experience, preferably with some functional experience within an engineering environment
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prior experience with complex systems and tools deployment preferred
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check. This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.