Landus Cooperative is currently seeking an Operations Superintendent! Do you have a passion for agriculture and like working with your hands? Would you consider yourself a leader? detail-oriented? and a team player? Then come join our team!
We are seeking a motivated individual who can supervise our agronomy and grain operations in a team-focused environment! At Landus Cooperative, you’ll find a fun team atmosphere and a stable career that offers excellent benefits for full-time employees!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Includes but not limited to the following:
- Provide prompt, professional, and courteous customer service.
- Directly supervise up to 10 employees in the operations department.
- Perform the following duties in agronomy operations:
- Understand and efficiently operate dry fertilizer plants, chemical containment buildings, and NH3 plants.
- Understand customer licensing requirements for restricted-use pesticides.
- Understand the capabilities and limitations of equipment (applicators, toolbars, etc.).
- Maintain and understand records of chemical repackaging agreements and shuttle record keeping.
- Perform the following duties in grain operations:
- Understand grain flow within facility and where everything is located.
- Responsible for the timely loading of trains.
- Understand grain weighing and grading procedures.
- Perform inventory at location.
- Assist in budgeting and capital expense processes.
- Maintain housekeeping of grain, agronomy, and office facilities and follow QMS procedures.
- Perform entries in PM programs.
- Create and develop the location P/L with the location manager.
- Prior Experience in Agronomy
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university is preferred
- Must have or be able to obtain a Class A CDL with air brake, tanker, and HazMat endorsements.
- Participate in company DOT drug and alcohol program and maintain current DOT physical.
- Must have or be able to obtain a commercial pesticide applicator license with 1A, 1B, and 1C endorsements.
- Must have or be able to obtain a grain grading and weighing license.
- Must be able to move/lift up to 50 pounds; occasionally up to 100 pounds.
- Good computer skills.
- Understand the seasonality of an agricultural cooperative and the in-season time commitment.
- Teamwork: Works hard to emphasize team success ahead of individual success.
- Safety: Protects the well-being of our employees, customers, and consumers.
- Consistent Quality: Accepts responsibility to provide quality work in a timely manner.
- Empowered: Enjoys working hard and has initiative to do what’s right.
- Integrity: Displays honesty by doing what they say they will do.
Indeed Hire and Landus Cooperative are working together to find the best candidate for this job. By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- Leadership: 2 years (Required)
- Agronomy: 1 year (Required)