Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Job Functions
- Assisting associates with executing the plan of meeting or exceed the business unit’s annual sales goal.
- Acknowledge and greet customers that are within a close (ten-foot) radius or ten seconds of arriving where the associate is working.
- Leading by example, greet customers, engage them in conversation to determine their boating needs, provide product knowledge to customers and suggestively sell items and additional services that they may not have anticipated they will need.
- Actively participate in all programs and procedures that drive sales.
- Treat associates, customers and vendors better than they expect.
- Achieve excellent customer service. Resolve customer concerns and complaints in a timely and gracious manner.
- Suggest usage of West Marine promotional programs and services with each applicable sale.
- Assist with hiring, coaching and training store associates.
- Schedules associates effectively to ensure maximum floor coverage for excellent customer service and achieving store sales within the store’s payroll budget.
- Ensures the store is neat, clean and organized throughout each business day.
- Acknowledge by signature that weekly “Store Bulletin” has been read and posted for other associates to read. (Store Information flyer.)
- Assist with communication, coaching and training of store associates on important information about products, sales techniques, company policies and guidelines or any other important issues.
- Responsible as “Manager on Duty” during assigned shifts.
- Ensures payroll is processed correctly and on time.
- Executes or directs all inventory procedures for the business unit.
- Verify Asset Protection standards are met all the time.
- Achieve a store audit score of 80% or better.
- Works with associates to achieve a high “Matinee Review” score through excellent customer service, product knowledge and follow through.
- Know what products are currently on sale or in promotion and have them displayed properly for sale by the start date.
Additional Job Functions
- Participate in store opening and store closing duties.
- Correctly handle all register transactions.
- Answer the telephone within three rings.
- Have the ability to wear and communicate through a headset.
- Receive and display product shipments on store retail shelves within twenty-four hours of delivery.
- Performs related duties as required.
Minimum Training and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in business or related field with one to two years supervisory experience, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Excellent communication skills. Familiarity with MS Office products helpful. Must be able to work a standard workday as set by West Marine. Must be able to lift forty pounds to shoulder height unassisted. Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work, evenings, weekends and holidays. Boating experience helpful.
Associate Relations Communication
Job Knowledge Decision Making Initiative
Planning/Organization Action Orientation
Dependability Supervisory Skills