L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customer’s mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
We are searching for a – Operations Engineer I i n our Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division, located in Plano,TX
Our AS&T division is built on the proposition that a small team of the right people can do what others will not even attempt. We specialize in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced small Unmanned Air Systems (UAS / UAV), advanced radar systems, next-generation weapon systems, and other RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience. We’ve earned a reputation for providing vital warfighter solutions at a faster pace than traditional DoD contractors, so if you like the idea of hands-on experience designing, building, testing and fielding new technology at a fast pace and supporting the vital missions of our warfighters, then L3Harris AS&T may be the company for you.
As a Operations Engineer I you are r esponsible for supporting the manufacturing planning and execution of programs for a defense electronics contractor. Programs will range in maturity from development through full rate production.
You will demonstrate success by:
- Support develop of manufacturing build schedules and release plans
- Load and maintaining bills of material and planning factors in the Material Requirements Planning (MRP) System
- Track and report status of material and assembly progress
- Working with Engineering, Quality, Operations, and suppliers to resolve production roadblocks
- Act as a liaison between the program and functional operations
- Compile material kits in preparation for assembly
- Transport material to local suppliers
- Support development of proposals and Unit Production Cost models
- Support review and evaluation of engineering drawings and change notices
- Support the collection and analysis of manufacturing data in an effort to promote continuous improvement
- Other duties as assigned
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries . L3Harris. com
Must be a U.S. citizen with ability to obtain and maintain DoD clearance ; Must be able to obtain and maintain additional clearances as required
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or equivalent
0 to 3 years operations planning & execution experience in the electronics manufacturing industry
- Must be independent and able to work with little direction
- Analytical problem solving capability
- Excellent people skills to include collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
- Physical requirements include ability to travel up to 10% and lift up to 30lbs
- Experience or education in an electronics manufacturing environment
- Experience or education with a MRP system
- MS Project
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.