Grow your career with the State of Indiana! With more than 50 executive branch agencies, the State of Indiana is a diverse workforce offering employees stimulating and challenging projects across a broad scope of career opportunities. As a State of Indiana employee, you impact the well-being of Indiana’s communities every day.
About Indiana Department of Transportation
The Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) provides a dynamic workplace that serves Indiana citizens, improves our state’s quality of life, and enhances its economic opportunity. INDOT has a number of innovative programs and projects, including Public-Private Partnerships, Green Initiatives, and cutting-edge uses of materials and assets. As part of the State of Indiana, INDOT offers a competitive total compensation package, as well as outstanding work/life balance. Whether you are an established professional in the transportation field or just starting your career, INDOT has exciting and challenging opportunities for you.
This position is responsible for operating the department’s dTIMS / BA bridge management software, including the incorporation of necessary bridge engineering and bridge condition data. In addition, this position shall assist in use of BIAS, Excel, SPMS, INDOT Answers, Data Warehouse, and Access to perform searches and data analyses as needed. Experience with Arc GIS for use in digital mapping is also required.
Abpit the Role:
The Operations Analyst is an integral part in effectuating solutions in top-level strategy, planning, forecasting, budgeting, resource allocation, performance measurements and scheduling. This role is responsible for developing and providing improvement strategies, problem solutions, process alternatives and creative resource allocation programs.
A Day in the Life:
The essential functions of this role are as follows:
- Analyzes business processes, business rules, methods of data acquisition and data application for advancement of business practices, operational performance enhancement and resource allocation
- Conducts methodic, non-routine examinations of office specific data through advanced analysis routines, queries, scripts
- Presents findings/recommendations through the development of custom reports, charts and maps
- Works directly with Information Technology to maintain specialty hardware including data loading/unloading, error message interpretation, SQL statement development, script updating, mass editing of datasets and software database performance analysis
- Tests and evaluates new/existing technologies and business practices for practical and feasible implementation.
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
What We’re Looking For:
- Broad knowledge of operational, mathematical, analytical, and/or statistical research techniques
- Thorough knowledge of multiple regression or multivariate analysis, measurement and testing and interview methods and questionnaire design
- Ability to understand and comprehend both written and verbal instructions dealing with technical and abstract theories
- Ability to determine proper research methods to use, collect appropriate data and draw conclusions
- Advanced knowledge of the agency mission and administrative policies
- Extensive knowledge of computer and software programs and the ability to utilize these skills in the completion of job duties
- Ability to take abstract concepts and formulate physical models
- Effectively communicate, both orally and in writing
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to research and document findings, formulate sound recommendations and make appropriate decisions
- Ability to effectively prioritize a variety of projects/functions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to work independently.
Benefits of Employment with the State of Indiana:
The State of Indiana offers a comprehensive benefit package for full-time employees which includes:
- Four (4) medical plan options (including RX coverage) and vision/dental coverages
- Wellness program (offers eligibility into a discounted medical plan)
- Health savings account (includes bi-weekly state contribution)
- Deferred compensation account (similar to 401k plan) with employer match
- Two (2) fully-funded pension plan options
- Group life insurance
- Employee assistance program that allows for covered behavioral health visits
- Paid vacation, personal and sick time off
- Competitive leave policies covering a variety of employee needs
- 12 company paid holidays, 14 on election years
- Qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- New Parent Leave
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The State of Indiana is an Equal Opportunity Employer