general purpose of the position: represent and communicate the kate spade brand and lifestyle to customers through sales competency, product expertise and by providing the highest level of customer service. responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
essential duties and responsibilities
- Assists in unloading shipments to the store.
- Checks items received against shipping invoice to ensure the shipment is accurate.
- Unpacks inventory.
- Organizes inventory in the stockroom.
- Replenishes stock on the sales floor as needed.
- Answers customer and sales associate questions about available items in stock.
- Retrieves items from stockroom at customer request.
- Places special orders for customers when necessary.
- Conducts regular store inventory.
- Assists managers and associates in preventing theft and maintaining proper inventory.
- Packs up defective items or overstock and arranges for the return shipment.
- Observes proper safety procedures in the stockroom, particularly when lifting and moving heavy items.
- Reports issues or problems to inventory manager or store manager.
- Attends store meetings.
- Assists in cleaning up the store and stockroom during closing shifts
client, and service expert:
- assist with daily operational tasks in order to maintain the visual expectations of the salesfloor
- develops strong product knowledge across all categories
- attend monthly floorset execution; where associate where utilize visual and operational skills to merchandise the salesfloor
- maintain cleanliness and standards of the salesfloor on a daily basis through replenishment, visual standards, and creative merchandising
building brand equity:
- understand and communicate the kate spade aesthetic, brand philosophy and lifestyle to the customer
- demonstrate interest and ability to work as part of a team
- execute operational tasks as per company directives
- accurately processes all pos transactions
- adhere to and apply visual directives, ensure that store standards are executed daily
- available to work store schedule, as needed, including evenings and weekends
- standing for extended periods of time
- able to safely lift boxes up to 40 pounds
- comfortable climbing ladders
skills and abilities required:
- professional selling skills and exceptional interpersonal skills
- prior luxury goods experience preferred
- proactive ability to multi-task and prioritize
- works well in a team environment
Job Type: Part-time
Job Type: Part-time
- Inventory: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Morning (Preferred)
- Mid-Day (Preferred)
- Evening (Preferred)
Overtime often available: