Koniag Technology Solutions is seeking an Open Systems Backup and Recovery Administrator to work with our client in Durham, NC. The shift hours are Monday to Friday 6 am – 6 pm Core hours to include a ½ hr. non billable meal break.
We offer competitive compensation and an extraordinary benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company matching, flexible spending accounts, 11 paid holidays, three weeks paid time off, and more.
This Subtask entails assisting in the administration of the OSSMB backup/recovery infrastructure at SSA’s data centers. The contractor shall create, implement, and administer backup policies for Open Systems, perform data restores, and analyze/resolve failed backups.
The mission is to ensure integrity and efficient utilization of open systems storage that support client-server applications and associated databases. Task is responsible for the implementation and management of an effective backup and recovery process for the open systems platforms. Branch must ensure data availability 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, which requires intense, continuous support from both the storage and backup/recovery teams.
The scope of effort shall include all items identified in each Function below. The purpose of this task is to provide support for the Open Systems Backup and Recovery Team. The contractor will assist in the design, administration, maintenance, and support of the backup/recovery infrastructure at client’s data centers.
Essential Functions, Responsibilities & Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- The contractor shall administer master and media servers.
- The contractor shall administer virtual tape storage (de-duplication devices) at the PEB, SSC, and NSC.
- The contractor shall administer backup/recovery infrastructure.
- The contractor shall assist in troubleshooting and resolving backup problems.
- The contractor shall create, implement, and administer backup policies for Open Systems applications/servers.
- The contractor shall perform data restores for Open Systems customers.
- The contractor shall analyze, determine, and provide the technical support required to ensure sufficient availability of disk storage resources for backups.
- The contractor shall Configure, Deploy and Maintain DataDomain storage devices
- The contractor shall provide windows system administration for all Windows based netbackup servers
- The contractor shall Design, Test and Implement changes to the Netbackup infrastructure
- The contractor shall test new Technologies for Netbackup/Data Protection and advise on use cases and cost analysis
- The contractor shall provide input on new hardware purchases for the Netbackup infrastructure
- The contractor shall act as an escalation point for issues requiring advanced troubleshooting
- The contractor shall be part of the on call rotation to provide 24/7 support and provide assistance when needed to on call teammates after hours if needed
Requirements / Skills / Education:
- The contractor shall demonstrate their ability to do the following within 10 working days of the start of this function:
- Sign on to open system servers.
- Open, update, and close CAPRS problem ticket.
- Identify locations of open systems hardware.
- The contractor shall provide a verbal report of the status of activities to Team Leader, at the completion of each activity.
- The Backup and Recovery admin needs to be proficient in the following software products and have general knowledge of the Storage Administration Fundamentals below:
- Open Systems
- Veritas NetBackup
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Exchange (e-mail)
- Microsoft Excel
- Open Systems
- General storage, admin fundamentals
- Disk Storage Fundamentals
- Virtual Tape storage fundamentals
- Storage management fundamentals
- SSA will provide the technical procedures/training to support this task.
Working Environment & Conditions
This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard office position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The work load may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The incumbent must be able to read, do simple math calculations and withstand moderate amounts of stress. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.
The company is dedicated to seeking all qualified applicants. If you require an accommodation to navigate or to apply to a position on our website, please contact Heaven Wood via e-mail at [email protected] or by calling 703-488-9377 to request accommodations.