Job Description: This position requires staying/living at the Hotel when you are scheduled to work.
Assists the General Manager [GM] in managing the property operations on a day-to-day basis and assuring optimum performance and continual improvement in all key performance areas. Manages the Guest Service Ambassador [GSA] team and weekend hotel staff and operations in the absence of the General Manager. Responsible for hiring, training, evaluating, scheduling, counseling, and terminating GSA team members. Customarily and regularly directs the work performed by the GSA team and weekend Associates. Resolves guest and Associate issues, and performs other duties as required to develop efficiency and profitability in all aspects of property management.
Responsible for the overnight on-call shifts and weekend operations of the hotel, including overnight on call coverage Wednesday – Sunday. Assures that all guests are satisfied with room accommodations and customer service. Lives on site to ensure flawless operation of the hotel per the General Manager’s direction and as necessary.
Assumes the General Manager’s responsibilities (efficient operation of the property as measured against the established budget, while maintaining guest service standards) on weekends and when called upon or in the absence of the General Manager. Customarily and regularly directs the work of all guest services, housekeeping, and maintenance employees during weekend shifts and other times when the General Manager is not on the premises.
This position is required to live on site at the hotel and to comply with Sandpiper’s fraternization policy.
- Manages and has direct responsibility for the GSA team functions including hiring, discipline, terminations, schedule-writing, professional development, mentoring and all other responsibilities to ensure a smooth and effective front desk operation.
- Supervises and directs the work of all employees on weekend shifts.
- Review and approve property payroll according to company policy and procedure for all direct reports
- Ensure proper selection and retention of all direct reports
- Executes training, coaching, counseling, and engagement of all direct reports
- Conduct annual personnel performance appraisals for all direct reports.
- Ensure team members effectively follow the “Say Yes to a Simple Request” program
- Ensure all policies and procedures are followed by each team member
- Provides new GSAs with proper on-boarding, training and guidance to ensure their success
- Conducts training as needed and as required
- Conducts quality control checks and audits routinely to ensure proper operation of the hotel’s front desk.
- Meet with and solicit comments from guests regularly to determine guest satisfaction with services and facilities
- Monitor guest feedback and take appropriate and timely action per company policy
- Take steps to ensure the greatest satisfaction possible within budgetary constraints
- Ensure the security needs of the guests, staff, and property are met
- Ensure all team members know area attractions and services to accommodate guests’ needs
- Able to correct guest issues in a timely matter to meet our guest’s expectations
- Responsible for ensuring all front desk operations are conducted according to policies and procedures and brand standards.
- Responsible for the protection of company assets as well as company and guest information
- Upholds and Enforces Sandpiper Property Managements standards as well as WoodSpring brand standards and policy compliance at the property level
- Shares “Manager on Duty” responsibilities with the General Manager
- Ensures all overnight on call shifts are covered and operated in accordance within the company’s operating standards.
- Provides other relief, or back-up duties as needed at the hotel including front desk coverage, housekeeping, and other duties when needed to ensure optimum operation of the hotel
- Actively reviews and monitors Social Media websites to ensure timely and appropriate responses
- Assists the GM in monitoring cash management and in-house balances
- Assists the General Manager as needed in budgetary control measures, including labor monitoring, room expense control and inventory cost controls
- Ensures that clean rooms, guest, and Associate satisfaction are top priorities
- While performing managerial duties, covers front desk as scheduled to ensure guest satisfaction excellent property operation.
Sales & Revenue:
- Aid and contribute to the sales prospecting efforts per the direction of the General Manager in order to maximize the hotel’s revenues and profits
- Additional duties and responsibilities as directed by the hotel’s General Manager or the Sandpiper leadership.
- Ensures the hotel’s complete and perpetual compliance with Sandpiper’s On Call Overnight operating model through own action and the actions of their team members
- All other duties as assigned by the General Manager and/or Sandpiper leadership
Sandpiper Property Management, LLC and all affiliated organizations are Drug Free Workplaces