5 STAR Event Services is looking for a sharp individual to join our security team at the Toyota Center. We provide 24 hour security for the Toyota Center. This includes, overnight security, indoor and outdoor patrolling of the stadium, securing entrances, and more! We are looking for an experienced individual with supervisor experience to be on call. This means, if someone on the Toyota Center Security team were to call out or no show we will call YOU to come in to work their shift. Before starting this position, a 3 day, 8 hour training will be provided.
A Texas Level II non-commissioned security license is REQUIRED. Licensing course will be provided, if you do not currently have one.
PAY RATE: $11:00 per hour and $11.50 after 90 days, followed by a yearly evaluation.
This individual will also have the opportunity to pick up other supervisor shifts outside their set days at all the events 5 STAR Event Services provide services for. This includes Houston Rockets Basketball, all concerts and events held at the Toyota Center, BBVA Compass Stadium, Jones Hall, George R. Brown Convention Center, and much more!
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The employee must also possess the following qualifications:
- Texas Non-Commissioned Guard Card (Training & Exam provided. All applicants are required to pass exam, submit to fingerprinting, and criminal background check.)
- Previous supervisor or manager experience
- At least 18 years of age
- Reliable forms of communication and transportation
- High school diploma or GED
- Must possess excellent Customer Service Skills
- Good Verbal and Written Skills
- Must be Outgoing, Personable and Professional
- Enjoy Working in a Team Environment
Monitor and maintain door access
Temping all personnel at entrance using a thermal laser sensor
Ensure proper CDC Guidelines are being followed
Acts as a troubleshooter for any problems during the shift
Must know, enforce, and abide by all 5 Star rules and regulations
Knowledge of all emergency policies and procedures so that they may appropriately respond should any of these emergencies occur
Oversight of all procedures
Enforce and uphold the integrity of the facility and event
Physical Requirements: To perform this position successfully, an individual must possess the following physical requirements:
- Must be physically fit and possess full mental dexterity with the ability to walk, talk, stoop, kneel, crouch, hear and see
- The ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time (minimum of 8 hours)
- The ability to lift 25lbs.
Company: 5 STAR Event Services is a specialty Event Security/Staff provider specializing in the sports and entertainment industries. Since 2000, our security officers, event staff personnel, ushers, ticket takers, parking attendants, and fee collectors have delivered industry leading service to fans at more than 30,000 events in Houston, Austin, and San Antonio, Texas. Our clients include NBA Basketball, MLS Soccer, NCAA Football, Formula 1, MotoGP, stadiums, arenas, theaters, symphonies, festivals, conventions, and many more.
Visit our website at www.5starstaff.com
5 STAR Event Services · 501-1000 employees · Founded 2000 · DPS License # B09954 · Privately Held· Women’s Business Enterprise ·Equal Opportunity Employer