Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, a national law firm, is seeking an Office Services Clerk for its Los Angeles office. Responsibilities include coordination of office services and assisting with it. The candidate for this position should be reliable and punctual, have a positive attitude and superior communication skills. This position requires proper etiquette and professional appearance at all times. This candidate should also be well organized, able to self-direct and adapt to shifting priorities. Law firm experience and college education preferred.
- Receive, sort, and deliver all incoming mail & packages according to assigned floors and within established time frames. Wrap, seal, weigh, affix postage and dispatch all outgoing mail/packages in accordance with postal regulations.
- Prepare special outgoing inter-office pouches.
- Package and process outgoing overnight items, i.e. Federal Express, UPS, etc., to meet client and vendor deadlines. Log and deliver incoming overnight packages within established time frames.
- Organize and distribute supplies to client employees as detailed in job requests. Verify and log orders upon delivery. Monitor inventory of copy supplies, stock paper and toner and keep supply area neat (inclusive of convenience copiers).
- Estimate runtime on the small to medium photocopy jobs. Check all copies produced for quality and accuracy. Produce bound copies of work when requested. Deliver and pick up copy jobs.
- May provide minor maintenance of photocopy machine such as solving paper jams, placing service calls and routine cleanings.
- Performs other administrative duties from inserting, copying and photocopying to faxing as needed.
- Set up and maintain client’s kitchen areas and conference rooms, order food and make coffee.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- 3+ year experience working in a mailroom or office services support role; law firm experience required.
- Some knowledge of metering, weighting, logging and other shipping procedures.
- Some computer skills preferred.
- Ability to perform routine functions of most of the various equipment & systems (fax, scanner, metering, stamping, tracking systems, photocopying, color copying, binding etc.)
- Excellent customer service, professional attitude and appearance are a must.
- Ability to work overtime & meet deadlines.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions/Mental Qualifications
- Requires regular twisting/turning/squatting/bending/reaching/lifting and prolonged periods of sitting, standing or walking.
- May regularly lift and carry up to 20 lbs. and move (push mail cart) over 50 lbs.
- May occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
We offer a competitive salary and full benefits package. Please send resume to [email protected], with “Office Services” in the subject line No Recruiter or phone calls please. Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani is an equal opportunity employer.