At Argo Group, our team members are critical to our long term success – so wherever in the world they work, everyone works together. Within our Office Services Department we are looking for an Office Services Assistant working from our exciting downtown New York Office . This is a position that requires high attention to detail in a fast paced environment and a willingness to provide excellent customer service.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide support and assistance to internal staff, customers and visitors in a timely and professional manner including mail, front desk duties, administrative tasks and office errands all with an attention to detail.
What does an Office Services Assistant Team Member’s day to day duties look like:
- Assist in coordinating the day-to-day operations of the NY facility, as it relates to office services and facilities.
- Foster office culture for a diverse team through organizing volunteer activities, monthly celebrations, and the planning and executing of office-wide events
- Restock and maintain supply for pantry / kitchen areas, coffee bar, and office supply and First Aid closets.
- Provide daily organization and restocking of all conference rooms and common areas.
- Assist in coordinating space and logistics for all-employee meetings, announcements, and events.
- Assist with meeting setup, including arranging catering and concierge services as needed.
- Provide assistance to visiting Senior Executives, as needed.
- Coordinate with building management and outside vendors to address any necessary maintenance and repairs of our space or equipment.
- Ensure the delivery of all office services invoices to proper department for processing.
- Serve as back-up for the reception desk during breaks, vacation and sick leave.
- Perform other duties as required.
What’s required for the position:
- High School degree or equivalency, working towards an Associate Degree is preferred
- One or more years of general administrative office experience is a plus
- Proficient in MS Outlook and Excel
- Knowledgeable in operation of general office equipment
- Standing, walking, lifting/moving of objects with a minimum of 30 pounds
- Able to assist in minor repairs
In addition, you embody our core values as they are the key to our success:
- We desire to excel
- We are committed to our clients and to each other
- We have the courage to do the right thing
- We apply original thinking
If you have these preferred skills, that is even better:
- Professional written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to prioritize work load and possess multi-tasking skills
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- A self-starter, highly motivated individual with exceptional customer service
- Ability to exercise sound judgment
- Able to work with minimum direct supervision
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization. Argo Group offers competitive pay and benefits that protect and enhance the lives of employees and their eligible dependents by way of health and wellness plans, life insurance, savings and investment opportunities, adoption assistance, education assistance, and matching gifts for education and charitable causes, just to name a few.
Come join the World Class Leader in Global Specialty Insurance and build your career here! And don’t forget to tell your friends, we have a fantastic Employee Referral Program too!
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Applicants: For the most convenient application experience, please use the “Apply with LinkedIn” button. If manually entering, only include your most recent or relevant job information needed for this role. For either method, please attach your most current resume. Additional job history may be obtained if selected for the interview process.