Pediatric Dental office in West Cary is searching for an experienced Office Manager (at least 2 years of management experience in a medical or dental practice) that desires a career in a team oriented and growing environment. It’s an opportunity to come in, showcase passion, have a voice, and be part of a team. If you are looking for a long-term career oriented position where your expertise and experience are valued, then we are looking for you! Ideal candidate will be able to effectively communicate, is driven to success, and has a positive attitude. We expect you to come to the table with motivation and knowledge, critical thinking and the ability to multi-task. This position is for a full time, salaried, Office Leader position to work in our Cary office Monday-Thursday with some hours on Friday as well.
Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
(1) At least 2 years of dental office managerial experience
(2) Completion of Radiation Safety Course, OSHA, HIPAA
(3) Previous experience as a dental assistant or other equivalent clinical position is strongly recommended
(4) Demonstrate knowledge of dental health education subjects.
(6) Ability to complete forms in an orderly and accurate fashion.
(7) Able to use sound judgment and critical thinking.
(8) Possess a calm disposition and the ability to work easily with people, including children.
(9) Ability to relate to the public in all areas (racial, ethnic, and economic).
(10) Willingness to work evenings and/or weekends.
(11) Willingness to participate in community events such as health fairs, etc.
(12) Have the ability to communicate in English.
Job Summary: The Office Manager oversees the daily operations of all staff members in the practice, and performs duties such as: scheduling of doctors and staff members, hiring/termination of all employees, maintain compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, oversee the front desk operations, assist in and resolve all customer service related issues. The office manager may secondarily perform other related work to include, but not limited to, making appointments, answer the phone, ordering supplies and engaging in revenue recovery.
- Organize, implement and execute job searches along with all related paperwork related to advertisement of positions, interviewing, hiring/termination of employees, and “onboarding” all new hires.
- Schedule all clinical and front desk staff, as well as doctor to make sure the practice is staffed correctly. This includes scheduling for emergency on-call coverage.
- Handle all vacation/sick leave/time off requests; generate reports for employees regarding paid time off accrual/usage.
- Prepare payroll biweekly for approval by owner; enter payroll amounts and take responsibility for correct reporting of amounts to accountant
- Communicate about issues with the owner doctor at times that are convenient utilizing online communication methods (email, texting) as well as answering phone calls after normal business hours for urgent business.
- Handle all patient-care related issues, and any adjunctive/supportive action that is needed to resolve the situation.
- Oversee the front desk staff to make sure that they are performing their job duties in a timely, professional manner; address minor infractions with the staff directly with appropriate documentation.
- Work with the clinical coordinator/lead dental assistant to address any communication issues that occur between the clinical and front desk staff.
GENERAL ANESTHESIA/ FRENECTOMY CONSULTS
- Work with scheduling coordinators from Wakemed, SCDP, and HHPD to schedule all general anesthesia cases, submit all necessary paperwork, collect down payments and go over consents/financial arrangements at consults.
- Work with HHPD staff to schedule all frenectomy patients, make sure all necessary paperwork is on file, collect down payments, and call and follow-up on all medical/dental insurance claims for frenectomy patients.
- Act as the primary insurance coordinator for all in-office GA and frenectomy patients. Assist the insurance coordinator secondarily for all Wakemed and SCDP patients.
- Provide secondary support to the insurance coordinator for normal day-to-day patients with dental treatment.
- Maintain current certifications for all state and federal requirements including but not limited to office policies, HIPAA, OSHA, NC Dental Board, and other requirements necessary for the maintenance and licensure of the office.
- Other administrative or maintenance issues as needed for the day-to-day operations of the practice.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- medical/dental office supervisory: 2 years (Preferred)