Access Networks is a growing, unconventional tech company and the leading provider of advanced, enterprise-grade, plug-and-play networking solutions for the automated residence.
Platform Five is a boutique real estate management company whose name echoes Easton’s past as a bustling hub for train travel. Our properties reflect the romance, energy, and convenience of that bygone era and are nestled in the heart of the city’s historic district. We honor Easton’s proud heritage by refurbishing landmark spaces into unique dwellings that fuse character with modern convenience.
Every team member in our company plays an integral role in our success, and each person's contribution is recognized. There is a difference between busy and stressful, and we successfully strive for the former. Our team members describe our work environment as collaborative, supportive and low stress. Team is not just a word we use but a culture we carry out. Ego is not in our vocabulary. We believe in working hard/playing hard and encourage our team members to do the same by providing time off where we expect team members to disconnect and be present with their families.
If you are a team player who is comfortable multitasking, if you're looking for a company that cares and encourages growth, where you can work alongside some of the brightest in the business – we'd love to talk to you!
To apply, you must submit your expected salary range and a cover letter along with your resume.
Office and Property Manager is a unique position with a wide range of responsibilities. They handle all administrative duties for the Access Networks east coast headquarters including scheduling and coordinating guests in the corporate apartment. They also handle all property management and bookkeeping duties for Platform Five. This is an exciting full-time position with a lot of variety and room to grow. The ideal candidate is highly organized, self-motivated, and outgoing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates with vendors for all building services.
- Provides clerical and administrative support to management as requested. This will include answering phones and assisting clients.
- Assists with document/form creation and file management.
- Performs general office duties such as filing, answering telephones, and handling routine correspondence.
- Assists with mailings and special projects as needed.
- Manages reception/lobby area: Keeps workstation tidy and presentable, answers phones, greets and directs visitors, fields requests from solicitors, receives mail and packages.
- Plans and implements office events, such as birthday and company anniversary celebrations, celebrating holidays (decorations and gifts) and coordinates all special events, charity fundraisers, etc.
- Monitors and maintains inventory all office supplies, equipment, food, and beverages.
- Restocks toilet paper, paper towels, hand soap, etc.
- On-call for security and fire alarm phone calls 24/7
- Handles all apartment listings, showings, applications, and lease signings
- Creates apartment listings on multiple platforms
- Answers email and phone inquiries and screens applicants
- Meets qualified applicants for apartment showings
- Performs employment verification and reference checks
- Prepares lease documents, arranges signings, and collects security deposits
- Coordinates move-ins and move-outs w/ tenants, helps set up utilities, etc.
- Manages all building keys – makes copies when necessary
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local codes, rules, and regulations
- Stays up to date on current market conditions and makes recommendations about rental rates
- Meet and maintain relationships with neighboring property owners
- Looks for and evaluates new investment properties and coordinates purchases
- Coordinates with marketing firm for branding and website content
- Responsible for social media content creation
- Prepare weekly report to the owners
- Maintains comprehensive rent roll document
- Must be on-call 24/7 for tenant emergencies
- Coordinates with vendors for all required maintenance
- Perform regular visual inspections of rental buildings – exterior and interior
- Anticipates and reports upcoming major repairs/upgrades
- Maintains records of all maintenance performed
- Records all financial transactions in QuickBooks
- Pays all bills – utilities, vendors, insurance, tax, and loan payments
- Ensures all properties are properly insured
- Coordinates financing/refinancing applications, appraisals, etc.
- Regularly reviews loan terms and interest rates
- Files and pays all required taxes – reviews tax bills for potential errors
- Manages construction/remodeling projects
- Prepares detailed scope of work and budgets
- Solicits multiple bids for each contract
- Prepares project proposals for financing applications
- Works with architects/designers when necessary
- Liaison between owners and contractors
- Manages building access for contractors
- Facilitates coordination between contractors
- Ensures the jobsite is safe and secure during the construction process
- Makes sure projects are completed on time and on budget
- Handles all required municipal permits and inspections, waste removal, etc.
- Provides approval for all construction invoice payments
- Documents all projects with photos and video
- Maintains accurate records of the construction process
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Great organizational and planning skills.
- Well-developed communication skills (especially interpersonal communication skills).
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Self-motivation and ability to think independently.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Present one's self professionally in appearance and manner.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma/GED
- Some college preferred
- QuickBooks experience strongly preferred
- 3 Years' office and property management experience
- 3 Years' experience being on-call 24/7
- Physical requirements include lifting, carrying, and moving; filing boxes, boxes of paper, groceries, computer equipment, light furniture such as chairs, step-stools, ladders, planters, and hoses. May use hand trucks or carts.
Access Networks is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and this job description should not be interpreted as an offer or guarantee of employment.
In addition, please note, this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. The company has the right to change these duties, responsibilities, and activities at any time with or without notice.