Off Premise Catering Event Planner – Sales Department
Elegant Affairs is seeking a highly motivated, organized and friendly individual to join our sales team in a position of event planner. Come join an exciting, top rated company that offers above average pay and opportunities to learn and advance your skills!
Elegant Affairs is a full service off- premise caterer serving social, corporate, and non-profit parties and events in Manhattan, NYC, Long Island, and the Hamptons. With over 25 years of experience in the food service and event industry, Elegant Affairs is New York’s catering company of choice. Our team consists of a group of dedicated planners, culinary professionals, and front and back of the house staff who consistently strive for excellence. We commit to providing the highest level of product quality and customer service in our industry. As a member of the Elegant Affairs sales team, your core focus will be to play a front-line role in delivering on this promise.
We are looking for a successful and enthusiastic Event Planner to produce events from conception through to completion. This individual will manage large and small events within various locations and will have extensive knowledge of event logistics, venue specifications, vendor coordination and exceptional customer service skills. The Event Planner requires a high degree of attention to detail in addition to the ability to develop a creative approach to meeting the Client’s needs. They will be responsible to nurture and build relationships with vendors, venues, and other industry contacts to craft and implement creative and logistical aspects of all events. The ideal candidate is passionate, creative, detail oriented, and dedicated to providing superb client service at every turn.
- Proven experience in off premise catering sales and running parties and events
- Ability to assess all logistical event needs and devise detailed rental lists to meet those needs
- Sales skills and the capability to build productive business relationships
- Proficient organizational skills including multitasking and meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent time management, interpersonal, and communication skills
110 Glen Cove Avenue, Glen Cove NY 11542
240 W 30th Street New York, NY 10001
Why Should You Apply?
- Join a growing top-rated company
- Competitive pay
- Commissions and benefits
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $47,000.00 – $77,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Commission pay
- Off Premise Event: 3 years (Required)
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place